The Gym Topic

Flojo

I squat (almost) every time I'm in the gym.

Full body workouts work best for me, 3.5 days a week (7 times over 14 days).

DOMs are just a bit sore yeah, I don't lose any flexibility etc. But if you can't get your head around DOMs then you're never gonna reach your goals, you can't build muscle or grow without DOMs...

/

I'm no expert on it, I've only been lifting seriously for about 2.5 years and I've only ever been through one period of being ripped, but I've got good muscle and I look like I lift - but compound movements are the only exercises worth doing for me (squats, deadlifts, bench and shoulder presses, pull and chin ups)

Almost all of it is barbell work, occasionally I change bench press to dumbbell press, but rarely.

Accessory work is good for the vanity pump, but for me, compound lifts are so much more productive for building size long-term

How long you spend in the gym for a full body wokout ?

About an hour, hour 10 on weights

Try and keep my rest periods to 1 minute-1 minute 30.

20 minutes cardio after.

There's quite a few recent studies out there that say that short, intense lifting is better for building muscle than the 3x8/4x10 sh*t you get online UNLESS you have 'good' genetics

I know one (ripped) guy who only does 1 working set on each compound lift (with additional warm ups on 50, 60 and 75% of maximum) - and he does have the years of classic bodybuilidng 4/5/6 day splits behind them

There's sore and then there's can't sit on the toilet or walk down the stairs kind of pain. The latter shouldn't be regular but you have to train through sore legs, once you're warm it's fine.

I have the later every time I do heavy legs once a week, I've had alot of lower body injuries mind you, and I play basketball at least twice a week,

The doms I get are beyond ridiculous,trian past the pain, I can hardly walk down the steps to get into my gym

There's sore and then there's can't sit on the toilet or walk down the stairs kind of pain. The latter shouldn't be regular but you have to train through sore legs, once you're warm it's fine.

I have the later every time I do heavy legs once a week, I've had alot of lower body injuries mind you, and I play basketball at least twice a week,

The doms I get are beyond ridiculous,trian past the pain, I can hardly walk down the steps to get into my gym

Have you tried foam rolling?

Guest Blacksheet

More you train legs the less severe DOMs you get

Most man go hard on legs, don't train them for 3 weeks then wonder why it hurts again the next time lol

100000%

Squat 5 times a week no problems

/

invested in knee wraps and hit 180 KG PB

Felt like a new man

Been using this recently to help improve bicep development. Probably about 3 weeks in and my biceps are feeling so much fuller.

All exercises are 4x10  + 1 drop set

Spider curls , 

Preacher curls

Zottman curls (help build bicep peak)

Overhead cable curls

Incline Dumbell curl

Triceps, still using

standing cable tricep pull downs

triceps dumbbell press

Dips

skull crushers.

working really well, suggest it to anyone who wants to develop some good mass in their arms and as a good alternative switch up.

safe for this post, needed to do something about my limited bicep exercises

also gonna be adding drag curls

anything to gain by changing the width of grip? 

I fixed my bad form by holding my elbows close to my ribs, so I could see any elbow movement in the mirror, but with that now fixed, I think I could keep my elbows still while wider, if there is any reason to do so. 

also gonna be adding drag curls

anything to gain by changing the width of grip? 

I fixed my bad form by holding my elbows close to my ribs, so I could see any elbow movement in the mirror, but with that now fixed, I think I could keep my elbows still while wider, if there is any reason to do so. 

Wider grip = focus on the outer part of the muscle

Closer grip = focus on the inner part of the muscle

Structure your routine to have exercises which utilise both grips.

• Upvote 1

Incline Dumbell curl

the isolation compared to zottman curls >>>

didn't realise how much I used my delts during zottman curls, until I tried to curl the same weight in Incline. 

Overhead cable curl I just couldn't get the exercise to work. 

Varied the width of grip, noticed the difference. 

New biceps soon come.

Also, Drag curls if You feel Your forearms aren't benefiting enough from Your bicep routine>>>>>>>>