The Gym Topic

Flojo

Have mild shoulder pain, been ignoring it for a couple of weeks, feels like it's just behind my left shoulder blade. Get it after dips & benching.

Don't know what to do about it tbh. It's not bad enough to go to a GP but I obviously don't want to make it worse. Might try just repping out the bench and dropping weight by 20% or something.

On 10/5/2016 at 7:48 PM, HangTheDJ said:

Have mild shoulder pain, been ignoring it for a couple of weeks, feels like it's just behind my left shoulder blade. Get it after dips & benching.

Don't know what to do about it tbh. It's not bad enough to go to a GP but I obviously don't want to make it worse. Might try just repping out the bench and dropping weight by 20% or something.

You shouldn’t wait until it’s bad enough lol 

• 1 month later...

Been smashing gym recently. After some health complications I decided I want to take action and be in optimal shape so I been cutting and eating right went from 95kg to 81kg so far

Before I was just lifting and eating anything in sight but you can do that for years and nothing will happen. I'm aiming to get down to 75kg and just maintain that at 5'9 I think is a good weight.

• Upvote 3

Count your calories man

Track them for a month on myfitnesspal, track everything you eat

work out weekly/daily average of what you're taking in 

Add in 100g of low gi carbs (porridge, sweet potato) each training day

/

I'm 86kg at 5'10 and my abs are showing in the right pose/light lol, but I'm still holding too much fat

3 weeks in to my cut (cutting over xmas lol), going to try and do it for 12 weeks and get down to 82kg is the plan

Carb cycling, so eating high carb on training days (pwo and last meal before bed) and low carb on non-training days, training 4 days per week, added in cardio LISS 15 mins per session this week

Plan is to finish up mid jan, take a week off, slow, lean bulk for 16 weeks and then 8 week cut for summer

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going to be form related:

make sure you're hitting all of these:

https://davethomasperformance.com/2012/06/19/9-deadlift-corrections-to-a-safer-and-stronger-lift/

and also keep your head in a neutral position during the lift, i,e not looking up, down or to the side.

/

Talking of deadlifts, CT's fletchers son

:lmao:

saw a couple of videos of his lifts on youtube, fully fledged retard

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My gym life has been so stop and start since summer due to work and a number of personal issues, lost a lot of strength and weight.  Since mid December I have been consistently at it since and it seems possible that it can be consistent moving forward.  I'm aiming to bulk up to my ideal weight around mid-end June (between 12 & 12.5 stone, I'm 5'7" and probably 11st atm).  I'm going on holiday beginning of August and I have no clue about cutting.  Can I get a decent enough cut in a month's time?  I don't need to be super vascular but some definition would be nice for the holiday and then I can work on it more when I get back.  Any articles to assist with it would be helpful but I figured gym guys that have done it could give me their own experience.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Em Dott said:

My gym life has been so stop and start since summer due to work and a number of personal issues, lost a lot of strength and weight.  Since mid December I have been consistently at it since and it seems possible that it can be consistent moving forward.  I'm aiming to bulk up to my ideal weight around mid-end June (between 12 & 12.5 stone, I'm 5'7" and probably 11st atm).  I'm going on holiday beginning of August and I have no clue about cutting.  Can I get a decent enough cut in a month's time?  I don't need to be super vascular but some definition would be nice for the holiday and then I can work on it more when I get back.  Any articles to assist with it would be helpful but I figured gym guys that have done it could give me their own experience.

Thanks

Cut with at least 8 weeks minimum, 12 if possible imo.

I would highly advise you to read these article for your cut

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/carb-cycling-build-muscle-lose-fat

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/beginners-guide-to-carb-cycling

Carb cycling is the best way to hold onto muscle and lose bodyfat when you cut. It's also quite an effective way of bulking too, as it reduces the fat you take on compared to normal bulking. 

It takes abit of work to set it up (working out daily carbs, protein, fat intake etc) but you will see the best results.

3 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Cut with at least 8 weeks minimum, 12 if possible imo.

I would highly advise you to read these article for your cut

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/carb-cycling-build-muscle-lose-fat

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/beginners-guide-to-carb-cycling

Carb cycling is the best way to hold onto muscle and lose bodyfat when you cut. It's also quite an effective way of bulking too, as it reduces the fat you take on compared to normal bulking. 

It takes abit of work to set it up (working out daily carbs, protein, fat intake etc) but you will see the best results.

Thanks bro. Will check it out when I get home.

On 08/01/2017 at 7:13 PM, Em Dott said:

Thanks

My advice is you dont need to bulk and cut, you say you lost weight already and size, and your timeframe for the goal is very short. You will be wasting time bulking and cutting, and should just aim to eat clean and train hard aiming for heavy sets of low reps, all the way until your holiday, whilst doing 45mins cardio once a week. 

your diet needs to be on point, keeping it to clean carbing levels but at least 50% protein in each meal not stuffing your face with too much carbs. 

But then i am biased against the whole bulking myth which is so stupid if youre not competing. 

go through this thread from beginning to end and see how many bulking to cut dreams have never materialised. (as envisioned)