The Gym Topic

Flojo

On 01/12/2016 at 9:09 AM, Heero Yuy said:

Probably going to be form related:

make sure you're hitting all of these:

https://davethomasperformance.com/2012/06/19/9-deadlift-corrections-to-a-safer-and-stronger-lift/

and also keep your head in a neutral position during the lift, i,e not looking up, down or to the side

Worked a treat.

Safe g

• 4 weeks later...

Short term goals are:

bench 100kg by end of June- currently at 65kg

deadlift 160kg by end of June- currently on 100kg

squat 120kg by end of June- currently on 85kg

Not impossible targets but for myself they are important milestones in my gym career 

• Upvote 2

just before xmas weighed in at 70kg, 6 ft 2 and been at this weight a while. set myself a target of getting to 80kg by mid-march to gain some size and then strip down again to around 75kg, get a bit more ripped but also maintain some size.

my bench is pretty rubbish - 60kg comfortable, 70kg with light spot & 80kg heavy spot - would like to get to being comfortable with 80kg

1 rm on deadlift is 120kg, like to get more reps out on this and get to 3-3.5 plates by end of march

kind of neglected squats for a while but jumped back on them, getting pretty deep with 120kg, tried a pb of 130kg on Tuesday night at the end of my set but couldnt manage it, that's my next goal

i've cut cardio out whilst trying to 'bulk' up a bit, so from next week going to slowly add a 15-20 min session once a week

On 13/02/2017 at 10:35 AM, HangTheDJ said:

Anyone got any goals for 17?

I want to get leaner, I'm about 16% BF now, want to be more like 12 and sustain it throughout the Summer.

Also improve strength, my bench, deadlift and squat 1rm total 950lbs now, so close to the 1,000lb club.

currently in gains mode since autumn/winter.

Summer aiming to be 80kg and just increase strength and muscle. Improved diet and cutout fraff

Currently 76kg Naturally atheletic build (used to sprint back in the day so pretty much kept trim shape since)

Bench - 100Kg on a good day. 90kg Calm. (120kg is current goal can only do spotted)

Squats - 100kg - 120kg (goal is 3 plates no assist 140kg)

Deadlift - 2 to 2.5 max 3's, not really focused on a goal here. Every other week do them.

Leg press - current 160kg (goal to reach is 200kg)

Shoulders - currently 90kg (no real goal, just keep pushing to failure on sets)

Arms - 40kg curl bar (max 20's either side) (this was my goal and reached, just maintaining and focus on growth now) regular sets are 15kg either side

Pull ups/back (wide/narrow/reverse/grip) - weighted with 10 15kg on chain belt round waist (this was my goal and reached, now focusing on the cut, get the lats defined)

Occasional cycling during mild days for cardio, otherwise no specific cardio sets I do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2016 at 9:49 PM, zoot said:

Been smashing gym recently. After some health complications I decided I want to take action and be in optimal shape so I been cutting and eating right went from 95kg to 81kg so far

Before I was just lifting and eating anything in sight but you can do that for years and nothing will happen. I'm aiming to get down to 75kg and just maintain that at 5'9 I think is a good weight.

Sitting at 74-75kg now:Y:

Goal for summer would be to still be at a similar weight but with lower bodyfat

• Upvote 1

Currently weighing in at 205lbs. Looking to cur down to around 190lbs by May. Then I will be beach ready.

Gonna maintain that weight over the summer and slow/clean bulk from around Sept - Dec.

Usually I dirty bulk which means I have to do an aggressive cut every spring but im looking to end that cycle this year.

It all depends on intensity TBH.

You can have a great workout in 45 mins if the intensity it high. I assume we talking about weights right and not cardio?

if you have 1.5 hours to spend in the gym that's a good amount of time to hit a few compounds and a few isolations for that body part(s).

What kind of routine you following?

2 hours ago, Young Bape said:

5 days. Weekends I skip

If you're going 5 days a week do a split imo

Day 1 - Chest & Triceps

Day 2 -Back & Biceps

Day 3 - Legs and Abs

Day 4 - Shoulders & Triceps

Day 5 - Muscle group that is slacking

3 exercises for each muscle group, always start with the compound exercise if you can

It should take around an hour if you don't have to wait for equipment 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, WhiteB said:

If you're going 5 days a week do a split imo

Day 1 - Chest & Triceps

Day 2 -Back & Biceps

Day 3 - Legs and Abs

Day 4 - Shoulders & Triceps

Day 5 - Muscle group that is slacking

3 exercises for each muscle group, always start with the compound exercise if you can

It should take around an hour if you don't have to wait for equipment 

Agree fully with days 1-3, but add shoulders to the back and biceps day which is my routine currently

But if You're doing 5 days You can afford to have an arms day and a legs day

1 - chest

2 - back

3 - arms

4 - legs

5 - abs/shoulders