The Gym Topic

Flojo

I need some help with my next step.

I've been training for a few years on and off, but the last year I've been on it.

I've done 3 months of 5x5 stronglifts, 3 months of ice cream fitness and then I've been doing a 2 day split (back, chest and bis - shoulders, legs and tris) x2 a week.

I need to change it up, and I need to cut.

Anyone recommend a programme, a 3 day split would be ideal so I can add some cardio in really

Went last year, was a waste of time IMO. Only really worth it if ur a bodybuilder, but even then all it is is a place for people to try and sell you shit. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're going for info, you could get as much, if not more from ur lappy.

Also started an extreme diet yesterday

8 weeks will let u kno how it goes

Keep us posted.

/

I've been cutting for a week so far, running on about 60-80g of carbs a day. Big dip to say I was running on around 400 only 2 weeks ago.

vd3kp0.jpg

Pic on the left is from December last year, I was 3 months into the bulk then. Pic on the right was from yesterday. I'm Just rolling on a standard calorie deficit diet of around 2000cals, High Protein, Moderate Fat, low carbs.

BCAA, Mono H Creatine and Impact whey, I can all vouch for from the my protein range,

Gonna carry on like this until I plateau and then carb cycle.

• Upvote 2

Certified 10% body fat. Trying to hit 6-8% in a month and half.

Are you looking to compete? 

No, just want to look good for the beach...... although, if I can sustain it (after) without losing strength then maybe.

Yeah, was gonna say, maintaining it will be tough. Still though, sick if you can do it.

Also started an extreme diet yesterday

8 weeks will let u kno how it goes

Keep us posted.

/

I've been cutting for a week so far, running on about 60-80g of carbs a day. Big dip to say I was running on around 400 only 2 weeks ago.

vd3kp0.jpg

Pic on the left is from December last year, I was 3 months into the bulk then. Pic on the right was from yesterday. I'm Just rolling on a standard calorie deficit diet of around 2000cals, High Protein, Moderate Fat, low carbs.

BCAA, Mono H Creatine and Impact whey, I can all vouch for from the my protein range,

Gonna carry on like this until I plateau and then carb cycle.

well done man

looking ripped 

Get knee wraps, you'll never look back.

I was looking into this recently as I have right knee injury.

Knee sleeves are better for pain, while knee wraps are better for lifting heavier as they give you some elastic support at the bottom. Also, if they're not expensive (as with belts) then they're probably not good enough. And by expensive I mean relatively, so anything from 40-60 quid for a decent pair of sleeves.

A proper BB belt is about £100 and upwards. 

It depends on what your knee injury is tbh. Mine is kneecap pain when I bend it on squats or leg press. Wraps work well for this as they keep the whole knee compressed very tight.

51hgeKf6WsL._SX300_.jpg

Grabbed this for like £15 off amazon after reading the reviews and never looked back

/

Safe Afroman  :Y:

Cheers Niall, 

managed to maintain my muscle mass well so far this cut which is something i've struggled with previously

./

Went to bodypower on Saturday, yeh it was basically everything Flex said down to a tee. Still got a shit load of freebies, have never saw so many winners in one place before it was actually ridiculous. It was still a good experience and day out but I don't think I would reach again,

Most of the fitness models don't look anywhere as big as they do on insta either. Although Bradley Martyn is a fucking beast, actually think he looks bigger IRL.