The Gym Topic

Flojo

ur 5 6 bmc?oompaloompadoompadeenah iramp100k? That's pretty gd tbh. 80 is currently my plateau.Started hitting the gym 2 weeks ago and already i swear ive put on. Either that, or it's just the placebo. Eating like a pig as well.
loli never done this in the end, sum guy was on the bench and i got impatient so i went and done the normal dumbell bench, but then when i finished i felt too tired to try it so i'll do it next week i think. basically i chickened out.

ur 5 6 bmc?oompaloompadoompadeenah iramp100k? That's pretty gd tbh. 80 is currently my plateau.Started hitting the gym 2 weeks ago and already i swear ive put on. Either that, or it's just the placebo. Eating like a pig as well.
I can do a crap rep with 100kg on a smith machine but 80kg is my usual.The thing is when I come to bench I never know how to attempt it.Is it best to;1. Jump straight on the bench and pile on 110kg and try and bang it out without warming up so you're fresh.2. Start at 50kg and work your way up until you can't do anymore so your warmed up.3. A combination of the above.I usually try and jump straight into the highest weight I can but I feel like I should be able to do more.

If I'm benching, I don't work my way up to find my max.I just warmup the upper body and back on the hyper extension machine or just skip for a few minutes.I can do higher than 80, but not 3 sets of a consistent 6-8. I usually fail around the end of the 2nd set/beginning of the 3rd set.Plus, I weigh the same as a small child, and benching isn't really an exercise I want to do.My goals are mainly being as lean, fast, and powerful as possible.

I can do a crap rep with 100kg on a smith machine but 80kg is my usual.The thing is when I come to bench I never know how to attempt it.Is it best to;1. Jump straight on the bench and pile on 110kg and try and bang it out without warming up so you're fresh.2. Start at 50kg and work your way up until you can't do anymore so your warmed up.3. A combination of the above.I usually try and jump straight into the highest weight I can but I feel like I should be able to do more.
Depends what you wanna do, if u just wanna work up to ur 1 rep max, stretch, do a warm up set, add a decent amount of weight do one rep, add more weight, another rep, add weight etc... that way u work urself up to it without knackering urself out.

Depends what you wanna do, if u just wanna work up to ur 1 rep max, stretch, do a warm up set, add a decent amount of weight do one rep, add more weight, another rep, add weight etc... that way u work urself up to it without knackering urself out.
I disagree with this. Unless you literally have time to have a 10 minute rest between each rep, you'll get tired before you reach your max. Imagine you do 100 and find you can do it so you try 105 and then 110. You might be able to do 115 but it's unlikely you're gonna have the energy after doing those 3 and a warm up set.

I think it's going well, I train with guys that have been going for 2+ years and they comment saying you've got bigger etc.. Since I've started gym (about 10 months ago) I've put on about 10-11KG and my bench has gone from just the bar to 60KG so I'm happy about that.I think it's hard for me to get comments because all my old boys have been banging out the steriods but I get comments from work colleagues commenting etc. so I can tell it's working. I'm happy with how It's gone.Still far away from my goal of looking like a small build rugby player. Hopefully the bulk I'm going to start will help it.

I disagree with this. Unless you literally have time to have a 10 minute rest between each rep, you'll get tired before you reach your max. Imagine you do 100 and find you can do it so you try 105 and then 110. You might be able to do 115 but it's unlikely you're gonna have the energy after doing those 3 and a warm up set.
Maybe ur right, however i think you'll agree that a difference of 15 to 20k is quite a lot, especially when ur reching the limits of what you can physically lift. So i could bench say, 4 reps on 105, and think "f*ck it put an extra 10k on each side" whilst if i was more prepared mentally i could push that extra rep out, just jumping in there means i'd be unprepared for just how heavy that extra weight makes it, putting me off slightly. I agree that you have to be aware of ur own fatigue though.

hit 100kg x 4 at 68kg bodyweight 2 months agou mad?
:D you serious?
yeah, needed a spot for the last rep tho.i basically just do 80kg x 8 for about 3 weeks (to get used to it)then for the next two weeks 90kg x 5following week:first set:60kg x 52nd set:80kg x 5then on the last set jump straight to 100 x 4.im training for size now tho (less power) so im back on the 75kg-80kg region)

BMC have you f*ck*ng done it yet? I'm gonna try 100KG again tomorrow. I'm assuming I can still do it but I feel weaker than I was so I'm a little bit worried. If I can then I'm gonna try 105 and 110.
not yet, it's once a week, so maybe this week. It's like a mental barrier i've got to get over tho, coz it's like my target, i wanna be able to do it, scared of failing.

done chest today, but chickened out of trying 100k, i did 12 reps on 60, 10 reps on 70, 8 reps on 80 and then 6 reps 85. First time i've used flat bench in a while so hopefully in a few weeks i'll be pushing 90-95 for 6 reps and then who knows? maybe i'll push for 100.

Had the first uni (american) football training session of the year. We did 40 yard dash although I'm pretty sure it was over 40. I got 4.9. f*ck*ng disgusted with myself. I know that before I got bigger I would done a 4.6 because I'm significantly slower but even that isn't good enough. So now it's time to get my legs trained up like the rest of me.I haven't even been squatting recently because I didn't do it for a while, then went back to it and had bad form so hurt my back. Then I just shyed away like a bitch. Gonna get serious with it.WOO.YEAH.