The Gym Topic

Flojo

everyone has them stats till you see them in the gym struggling to bench 60

like yh im just getting back/im cutting bro

People lose strength on a cut

Those training for muscle mass and aesthetic purposes tend to slightly lower the weight in order to hit the muscles more

Its not about snapping your back deadlifting with shitty form or bench pressing 150kg without it stimulating your chest brah

Guest chap44uns
Squat - 180kg

Bench - 130kg

Deadlift - 210kg

Altogether 520kg. Next goal is get upto 600kg.

I'm 6"2, about 12% bodyfat and weigh 210lbs. Next goal is 225lbs but not as shredded

Took me 4 years of consistent lifting to get into the 500kg club. People say you don't need to lift heavy to look good but I find I look best when I break PB's, the hard part is staying injury free. I was going to post a picture to prove it but it feels a little bit gay and this is Vip2 afterall.

them stats are a madness

Recently I changed up my routine, so far so good.. Lost a noticable amount of bodyfat, put on some size and my strength gains have increased faster than normal.

Been basically been doing something called P.H.A.T (power, hypertrophy, adaptive training)

You basically work all body parts twice a week, a total of 4 days in the gym a week

2 days upper body, 2 days lower body

On 1 of the days for both lower and upper you focus on power (increasing strength) by doing low reps with a very heavy weight (for yourself.) Rest times are longer so you have enough energy to lift heavy for each of the sets.

On the other days you focus on hypertrophy (muscle building rep range) by doing your upper/lower exercises explosively, focusing on the contraction of the muscles. The weight on this day generally isn't that important as long as your feeling a burn within your 8-12 rep range. Rest times are generally short on this day.

Recommend those of you looking for a new routine to try it out.

More info on it here in more detail - http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

My stats are absolutely feeble compared to you man :lol:

but I'm like 5ft'11 and weigh 72kg, extreme ectomoroph. Body fat is definitely under 10%, If I can put this stone on then I can reach Zyzz's level or a similar natural non roided version.

I'm an ecto as well, when I first started I had to force myself to eat. If you're under 10% you're in a great position, a stone of lean mass is easily achievable in a year or less if you're incredibly dedicated.

I'm highly dedicated at the moment, smashing down 6 meals a day, probably gonna start adding a 1000 cal protien shake to that diet next month too!. Determined to get that stone by July.

how many reps at each weight sub?

1 and with great difficulty. I only try and move that sort of weight every month or so. 

Recently I changed up my routine, so far so good.. Lost a noticable amount of bodyfat, put on some size and my strength gains have increased faster than normal.

Been basically been doing something called P.H.A.T (power, hypertrophy, adaptive training)

You basically work all body parts twice a week, a total of 4 days in the gym a week

On 1 of the days for both lower and upper you focus on power (increasing strength) by doing low reps with a very heavy weight (for yourself.) Rest times are longer so you have enough energy to lift heavy for each of the sets.

On the other days you focus on hypertrophy (muscle building rep range) by doing your upper/lower exercises explosively, focusing on the contraction of the muscles. The weight on this day generally isn't that important as long as your feeling a burn within your 8-12 rep range. Rest times are generally short on this day.

More info on it here in more detail - http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

I did something very similar to this a year back when I had a regular gym partner, the routine I followed was by Layne Norton. I did it for 3 months and it was incredible but really hard to maintain even with someone to push me. If you can stay consistent it will be awesome.

My stats are absolutely feeble compared to you man :lol:

but I'm like 5ft'11 and weigh 72kg, extreme ectomoroph. Body fat is definitely under 10%, If I can put this stone on then I can reach Zyzz's level or a similar natural non roided version.

I'm an ecto as well, when I first started I had to force myself to eat. If you're under 10% you're in a great position, a stone of lean mass is easily achievable in a year or less if you're incredibly dedicated.

I'm highly dedicated at the moment, smashing down 6 meals a day, probably gonna start adding a 1000 cal protien shake to that diet next month too!. Determined to get that stone by July.

Even if you add fat in that time if you are an extreme ecto like you say it should be too difficult to shred it off. One of the guys at my gym takes serious mass and swears by the stuff, he gets slightly bloated when he's on it but afterwards through football and weights it just drops off him.

• Upvote 1

I did something very similar to this a year back when I had a regular gym partner, the routine I followed was by Layne Norton. I did it for 3 months and it was incredible but really hard to maintain even with someone to push me. If you can stay consistent it will be awesome.

Yeah the link I put up was Layne Nortons article on it. Its hard work but very effective so far

looking sick bro, if that's actually you. Anyone done that insanity workout? I'm thinking about, closer to the summer (probs Feb/March) focusing on heavy lifting in the morning and then doing the insanity workout in the evening, just to get get a bit ripped without losing too much strength.

i was gnna do it 10 days ago but now i reckon ill stick to gym and do 3 days cardio and 3 days heavy weights(to mantain muscle)

7 weeks is my target hope ive given myself enough time

arms arent the size i was targeting though :angry:

looking sick bro, if that's actually you. Anyone done that insanity workout? I'm thinking about, closer to the summer (probs Feb/March) focusing on heavy lifting in the morning and then doing the insanity workout in the evening, just to get get a bit ripped without losing too much strength.

Thanks. I'm a huge advocate of heavy lifting and if you have the motivation to go twice a day make sure you bang a serious amount of calories down your neck.

nothing else to do inside is there. / for anyone trying to lose weight this winter period is the best time to use to achieve this. all this "bulking up now" and cutting from march/April is nonsense for the regular guy. bodybuilders who do this use cutting roids along with a super strict diet you can only realistically do if you have something like a competition to do. they just do it for one day as well. Your body works harder to stay warm, burning more energy in the process. Burning more energy = burning more calories, so use the Cold to do cardio and get your cutting diet right

C/S About cutting now, even if you aren't the biggest you'll be surprised at how ripped you'll look once you hit that 7-8% bodyfat mark. A month before this pic was taken I hardly had definition, all I had was big arms. You'll be surprised by at the amount of compliments you get once you look more defined.

dghxd3.png

Cutting for another 2-3 months before i go on a lean bulk. 

Just work hard and make sure your diet is on point, carb cycling or intermittent fasting produce the best results comapred to the standard caloric deficit diet from my experience.

uve put in that work g.

carb cycling as in cutting carbs?

Not exactly cutting carbs, but altering your carb intake throughout the week.

E.g. some days you eat low carbs, some days moderate and some days eat high carbs.

This bredda designed it for me + a training programme

http://www.simplyshredded.com/jeff-seid.html

Hustled me $20 dollars online but boy it was well worth it, considering I got it from him right before he became famous all over the internet.