If Carlsberg made football teams..

Guest R9

The name of Standard Chartered will be on Liverpool shirts for at least the next four years after signing a deal to sponsor the Reds.Anfield co-owner George Gillett told a Canadian radio station on Thursday that a sponsor was set to be announced next Friday."I think people will be pleased and surprised," he hinted."It will be one of the great, worldwide corporations. And I think it will be a sponsor people will be pleased and surprised to be [associated with] Liverpool."However, several sources have revealed that a deal with the banking giant worth a reported £20 million per season. This will equate to £80m in total, on a par with Manchester United's sponsorship with American banking firm Aon which will take effect next season.The deal signals the end of Carlsberg's association with Liverpool who have sponsored the club's shirts since 1991.Commercial director Ian Ayre is believed to have tied up the deal shortly after the club's exclusivity period with the Danish brewer expired.
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverp...new-sponso.html1252706640-sc.jpg^ PhotoshopI assume all of the above is truepool fans what do you feel about this/do you care?With Steven Gerrard leaving in a couple of seasons and you now having a new sponsor, US owners that don't seem to care about the football, you may be finishing eleventh this season & you also have plans to build a new stadiumDoes it bother you the liverpool you grew up with (not grew up in, obviously your from london) is almost completely gone?

Liverpool till i die ! i would still support them if they got relegated, unlike you utd fans who would probly start supporting city.
Man Utd until i die! i would still support them if they got relegated, unlike you pool fans who would probly start supporting city.Works both ways your point holds as much weight as rvp tbh

standardcharteredliverp.jpg
From The TimesSeptember 12, 2009Liverpool’s £80m shirt deal equals biggest everCarlsberg will be replaced by Standard Chartered, the London-based international bank, on the front of Liverpool's shirts next yearTony BarrettLiverpool have secured a new shirt sponsorship deal that equals the most lucrative in football history after signing a four-year agreement with Standard Chartered, the London-based international bank, worth £80 million over four years.With their present deal with Carlsberg due to expire in mid-2010, Liverpool’s commercial department, headed by Ian Ayre, has been looking for a money-spinning agreement in keeping with the club’s status as one of the most recognisable brands in world sport. Until July, an exclusivity accord with Carlsberg prevented them from entering into talks with any other interested parties but once that had expired, Liverpool moved swiftly to tie up a new deal.Carlsberg has enjoyed a 17-year relationship with Liverpool, one of the longest-running associations in world sport, but was unwilling to match the £20 million a season offer made by Standard Chartered, which equals the deal struck by Manchester United with Aon Corp, the American financial giant, in June.Liverpool have long been criticised by their supporters for punching below their weight when it comes to commercial opportunities but the sponsorship deal struck by Ayre, the commercial director, is an indication that the club are beginning to make the most of their glittering history and worldwide fan base.The fact that the Merseyside club have secured a sponsorship arrangement on a par with United’s is also hugely symbolic, with Liverpool having trailed some way behind their North West rivals for several years in terms of commercial enterprise. Liverpool’s deal with Carlsberg, for example, is worth just £7.2 million per annum, a figure that fell short of United’s £14 million income from AIG, the American insurance corporation.The deal with Standard Chartered will be confirmed by Liverpool imminently, with George Gillett Jr, the club’s co-owner, having admitted during a radio interview that he expects a formal announcement to be made on Friday. “I think people will be pleased and surprised,” Gillett said. “It will be one of the great, worldwide corporations. And I think it will be a sponsor people will be pleased and surprised to be [associated with].”For the first time since he bought Liverpool along with Tom Hicks in February 2007, Gillett has admitted that he could be willing to sell the club “if someone gets beamed in who’s got bags of money”.But the revelation was tempered by the American’s admission that he would “probably” be at the helm for the long term.“The club is in outstanding shape,” Gillett said. “Economically, it’s never been stronger. We just paid down our debt very substantially. We have less debt per dollar than any club in the league.”Liverpool, meanwhile, have sealed a £250,000 deal with Southend United for the transfer of Michael Ngoo, a 16-year-old centre forward who was also being watched by Manchester United. Ngoo, who is 6ft 4in and has been likened in style to Peter Crouch, impressed during a recent trial with United but Liverpool have beaten their North West rivals to his signature after meeting Southend’s asking price.In a departure from the recent furore surrounding the transfers of a number of teenagers, the deal for Ngoo has not resulted in acrimony between Liverpool and Southend, with the Coca-Cola League One club praising their Barclays Premier League counterparts for the way negotiations were conducted.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6831489.ece
He looked good for United in the milk cup.Also im happy with the new deal, £20million a season, considering Carlsberg only pay £7million a season...