THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

on the lock screen, you can slide left or right to unlock the phone (cant remember whats where as i lost mine)

instead of doing that slide up

or

on the home screen, press and hold the menu button (that was on my S3, im aware some phones dont have psysical buttons so no idea on that front, just slide on the lock screen)

If anyone wants an app that's easier to use than Tasker for automating tasks, try Llama

Basically it learns where your home/work is by mobile phone masts, instead of gps/wifi so it won't waste battery.

Then when you leave work it can do actions you set e.g turn on mobile data and turn off wifi, you can get it to do all kinds of actions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama&hl=en

Had the S3 for a month or two now, just an amazing phone.

Are you going from iPhone to Android?

If so basically every app you have on the iPhone you can really get on Android now, the screen and colours on the S3 blow the iPhone away.

• large screen, great shape and fits in the hand nicely
  • swipe your hand across the screen to take screenshots
  • chrome on android
  • chrome to mobile - send web pages on your computer to your phone, just press the button in chrome and the page immediately loads on your phone
  • apps can update by themselves
  • no need to "jailbreak", things can be customized easily
  • the notification bar has settings that you can quickly change. E.g Turn wifi on/off. Which you'll be able to customize when the next update comes.
  • videos, throw any video on the S3 by going directly to a folder on the phone like a usb drive instead of using a program like itunes
  • it offers to convert the video when you try to add a video, but even if you don't convert i haven't had any problems playing them
  • google backs up your apps, no need to connect to a program
  • got my nexus 7 tablet and it offered to put my apps on there too
  • download with utorrent easily
  • live background wallpapers
  • widgets - have your emails on your screen, or tasks, calendars, youtube, or your latest news from flipboard/pulse, or bbc

I'll try and think of some more stuff lol

• Upvote 1

oh yeah the main reason i like my iphone is itunes. just a brilliant player. main problem i had with the s3 or whatever is i select a track to play, when i go back i go right back to the top of the list and have to scroll all the way down (for some reason i listen to my music alphabetically so start from a and go down, or from the bottom up if im feeling adventurous)

is there an android music app that functions like itunes?

I've got an iPhone

The only thing I miss about Android is the abilty to drag and drop content and SD card expansion. Those are major points

Don't like iTunes either

I had a lot of mods and apps on my s3, but after the buzz of having a new handset wears off. I found myself only really using the basics.

Can't go back to a S3, or a Note 2 after using my iPhone 5, both feel mad plasticky for premium devices.

Been eying up that Nexus 4 though, or I might even just get a Android Tablet