THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

Sold my S3 for £320.

Bought an unlocked brand new Note 2 for £320. Contract is up in 3 weeks. Upgrade was due 2 months ago.

WINNING.  :keeporder:

Piiiiissed

Putting together furniture n setting up electricals,its standard to do the manly thing of keeping instructions in the plastic wrapping...

When doing shit you shouldn't reeeeeally be doing...read...read...then read again...even when ur doing it,keep reading that shit,freestyling is not the one!!

The amount of times I must have flashed my xbox back in the day,I could have done it blind folded...but nope EVERYTIME I loaded up the YouTube tutorials just in case I got complacent n missed a step, swear I was like one of the few people in the world whos xbox didn't get dry African palmed when they did a mass banning a few years back,shit was real peak everytime I switched it on.

if its stuck on the samsung logo its fixable

i did it 3 times last week

just boot into download mode and flash a diff ROM with odin or something

i used diff settings with my ROM id put in the storage on the phone and it worked, i was getting excited with different kernels, modems etc

Running JellyBam Rom on Note 2.

Home:

homelu.jpg

Right:

righte.jpg

Left:

leftoa.jpg

Best thing about this Rom is you can change the DPI settings to make more use of the screen real estate.

Eg:

App drawer can fit way more icons than before:

app1e.jpg

Chrome running in Tablet mode with tabbed browsing:

chromehe.jpg

looks a bit ugly with that setup still (septik's), 'llow the windows phone widgets

all about getting 'pure' widgets, pure calendar and pure music>>>> ______

and the TypoClock widget, and Beyondpod....

Yoshie's one looks nice still

Haven't got round to rooting my Android phone/tablet yet, but for those that have I just saw this today. Should really improve the performance/lagging issues.

http://lifehacker.com/5973002/seeder-kills-lag-in-android-seriously-boosts-your-phones-performance?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Gonna try it later.