THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

I am kind of fiending for the HTC leo/HD2.When my contract ends it'll be either that or the storm two. I am attracted to the storm 2 because of bbm and it's email functionality (which yes is available on many handsets).I dunno which one I will go for.

Can some one tell me what the hype around android is about? What is so good about android in comparison to WinMo, Blackberry, Symbian and the iphone OS's.This is not me shitting on Android, I just haven't had any experience of it. There is apparently another HTC device called the HTC Dragon that sports then same technical specifications as the Leo/HD2 but running on android. I am very curious about this, might just hold out for this instead of the leo because there seems be alot of hype around it.

Can some one tell me what the hype around android is about? What is so good about android in comparison to WinMo, Blackberry, Symbian and the iphone OS's.This is not me shitting on Android, I just haven't had any experience of it. There is apparently another HTC device called the HTC Dragon that sports then same technical specifications as the Leo/HD2 but running on android. I am very curious about this, might just hold out for this instead of the leo because there seems be alot of hype around it.
It's an operating system for smartphones. It's open source as well and, due to that fact, it's easier to customize for different devices and more inviting for developers to write software for it than other phone operating systems might be.From a user's perspective, one of the more interesting features is the ability to swap out what software performs certain functions (like viewing images, reading email, etc.) for something that you might like better without harming the way that the system works together as a whole.furthermore Android is meant to be best for multi touch, etc.if you can upgrade from 6.5 to 7 on WM then im still going wit the hd2 cah the dragon looks butters

I had a diamond, got rid and after being on xda for time it was clear it wasnt only me who was having the same probs.WM is wack for touch screen, unless hacked you would be using the stylus for most things, scrolling is slowThe OS is wack, needs an overhaul like Pro Evo, again only if hacked programs on WM are wack, you would think it would be sick cos its MS, but IE is terrible they are still using old apps like from 01 days.Andorid Marketplace > The longness with installing apps on WM using CAB filesBeen reading some good stuff about the updates WM will have, but im happy with Android

The HTC dragon leaked photos show an unly piece of hardware compared to the nice look of the HD2.To be honest we are forgetting about the Xperia 3. Photos seem to show that this is what it will look like. (Apparently also comes in white).main10.jpgWill pack the same 1GHz Snapdragon processor as the HTC Leo/HD2 and the HTC Dragon plus: 8.1megapixel camera with xenon flash, Android (1.6 or 2.0)4.0 inch capacitive displayI think also 32GB of internal storage.Expected release in November launching near enough the same time as the Xperia 2 because X3 runs android and X2 runs Windows Mobile.X3 might be me I tells ya.