THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

HTC failed"We're working hard on these kinds of products to get excitement about Windows Mobile back," says Chou.Gadget fans have been clamoring for an Android version of the HD2, but Chou hints that the handset will stay as is. "Technically, we could make the HD2 an Android phone, but I have to take care of Windows Mobile," says Chou.I hope they realise if they made this for Android instead of shitty WM6.5 they would of had arguably the best phone on the marketnow the new HTC Bravo/Dragon (Androids equal to the HD2) looks sh*t, some round edges ugly thing. Nothing like the industrial design of the HD2for those that aint seen it7dec09kjyrt235rsa.jpg

Yeah i read it Bard, but theres still a long way to go before Android can be run on the HD2the diamond, old htc pro and touch hd have been on for time now and have similar specsthe new hd2 is brand new hardware, 1ghz processor etc etc so getting android to run on it is a whole different ball game, i hope im wrong though

they could make so much more money tho if they went with android
Truss, its a free platformhence why motorola have jumped on the wave, they've ditched there own UI and gone with android. I heard they wasnt doing so well money wise, but the Motorola and Cliq and Droid are doing well, iim not suprised, they always made good hardware but had that shitty UI

Yeah htc programmed it into the apps, wm6.5 stock doesn't have itAndroid supports multitouch in the uk only I heard, the American version of the droid for example doesent have it. The uk version does. While I'm on the subject of the droid I don't believe not one network carrier has picked it up. It's only available from expansys

Guest Triple XXX

if i had the p for that unlocked....been watchin some youtube vids the turn by turn guide on google maps is alotalthough the basic andrioid UI doesnt look that appealinthe sense ui is too much