THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like LG has taken notice of the hype being generated by the Moto 360’s gorgeous design. Per Engadget, LG this weekend released an official teaser video for a new smartwatch that shows the outlines of a smartwatch with a round face that looks at first glance to be very similar to the one used in Motorola’s upcoming smartwatch.

As you can see in the video, LG is teasing us with rapid-fire images of different aspects of the new watch, which will be officially unveiled next week at IFA 2014. This new device comes just months after LG took the wraps off its first-generation G Watch, which featured a square display and apparently didn’t generate nearly as much positive buzz as the Moto 360. Since LG is emphasizing its new device’s round face in the teaser video, we can assume that LG thinks that having a round display like the Moto 360 is one key element to making its smartwatches more stylish.

Be sure to check out the full video teasing LG’s next smartwatch below.

• 2 weeks later...

apparently the new Moto G is the same as last year's other than the screen size and camera, so same battery, processor, memory,etc - so you get a little less battery time as its a larger screen

new Moto X is better from last year's in most ways, but still no microSD slot, and I'm not sure if I can convince my company to put £40 extra in for the 32GB version

might see if they'll get me the Xperia Z3 Compact, but I think I need to choose a more popular/flagship model