THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help with my nexus 5.

My battery is not charging at all. When I plug it in it stays on 0% and soon as take it out it shut downs.

Tried a different plug, no good. Gonna try a different USB tomorrow. I'm hoping my battery is not f*cked.

You got a red light at the bottom?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help

Just cracked my nexus 5 screen by dropping a dumbbell on it (dumb I know).

Best place to get it fixed please? (Repair While i wait)

A shop in Wimbledon wants £130.

Ps. Only legit screens no Chinese stuff.

WTF

My not 2 screen was £65 to fix

Is your actual screen cracked, or just the outer glass?

My touch was working fine, I think it was just the outer glass. Tbh I probably could of done the same thing Greens, but I just couldn't hack a cracked screen for more than 24 hours. FARK KNOWS how these tramps roll around with a cracked screen 365 days a year.

Bit the bullet and got it done from a place near Goodge St station called LovePhone. £150, done it in 30mins. Paid that simply because of convinience.

Got the whole front replaced including the outer side casing, don't know why but it apparently its all included.

I'm not going to get the nexus 6 yet, and I will stick to this phone for another year so fuck it.

allow paying more than 50% of device value for a screen repair

I woulda copped that off you for £90 and you could cop this http://www.expansys.com/nexus-5-xmas-special/

edit:

nah probably wouldn't lookin at the ebay prices

sorry I should allow it with the hindsight posts, but this guy was doin it for £90

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPAIR-REPLACEMENT-FIX-SERVICE-FOR-LG-NEXUS-5-CRACKED-LCD-SCREEN-/111520622502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19f725a7a6