THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

sick idea

EE is giving away a Power Bar battery pack to those signed up to its network INCLUDING PAY AS YOU GO!

And, not only will it be giving away the portable charging bars, but it'll also be offering unlimited recharges of power too. If you use up a Power Bar but still need more, you'll be able to walk into an EE shop and have the used-up battery pack swapped out for one that's already been fully charged.

The EE Power scheme and EE Power Bars will be available to all EE Customers that are signed up to a 30 day, 12, 18 or 24 month plan, including both mobile or fixed line and broadband services. Pay as You Go customers can also make use of the service, though they'll have to have been with EE for three consecutive months first. Non-EE customers can also get in on the scheme, but will need to pay a £20 fee.

Power bar also has built in LED torch. Text to claim code for free power bar costs 35p

LAUCNHES ON THE 16TH APRIL SO DONT BOTHER TEXTING UNTIL THEN

• 4 weeks later...

need to cop a new phone next month

max of about £400

any recommendations?

might just go for a Moto G 2

You can now buy the OnePlus One without having an invite

Many people regarded this as one of the best phones of 2015 and at £230 its a steal.

The release OnePlus Two is near but is an invite only model. 

https://oneplus.net/uk/one 

• Upvote 1

Safe guys. Will give it a week or two then decide. Wondering whether I should get a lower spec then upgrade to the next Nexus when it drops in November (The OnePlus Two is gonna be around the same time). Though last time I waited I ended up getting an older phone anyway. I'll at least wait until the LG G4 drops next week. 

/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEvvXaHwiA

• 4 weeks later...

peak for Motorola, they're taking away the Nexus 6 from them

really it was the pricing that didn't deliver for them (considering the low cost previous Nexus models, and the other new gen Motos)

they should bring back the Nexus S range as a low-cost competitor

need a new Nexus 7 as well, was the best size

• 3 weeks later...