Should uninsured drivers should face a heftier penalty if caught ?

LuLu

was just reading an article on the bbc website and it actually surprised me how many people drive uninsured, apparently the number is close to 2million. I think the penalty is a bit ridiculous and it should go back to being 3 points on your license plus a £60 fine and not a 6point thing plus a £200 fine as it stands now.what are your views ? do you agree with the penaltys that are enforced at the moment ?edit - i f*cked the title up , excuse the extra should. someone sort it out please

oh ye i forgot to mention your vechicle will get seized also if you get caughtbut at the end of this article, it says people think the penalthy should be more on top of all that and i think getting your vechicle seized, 6 points and 200 pound fine is a lesson learnt as it is.

Lucinda, imagine if you were crashed into by a uninsured driver and you had 4 years ncb and was gonna protect them next year, they'll instantly just fade away and you'll have 0 ncb and you'd have to claim, making insurance even more.Allow it, that is air.If a dude uninsured crashed into me or me into them, I'd fight him!!!

I think the fines should stay the same and people should recognise how serious actually driving without insurance is. However, like Justin said, taking someone to the hospital in an emergency should be allowed and some form of reference or proof to show the police in the situation should be drafted up.

drive uninsured and get caught. > CRUSH THE CAR standard. (unless it was a dire emergency like hospital crisis. no excuse other wise.) Better still call someone in an emergency or flag down a legal driver who most likey will have full comp, to drive any other car with permission.Why am i paying insurance and road rax and other bull sh*t charges only for some uninsured driver to write me off the road. And get away scotch free, while I pay through the nose to fix my car!? or compensation for injurys etc..

Why am i paying insurance and road rax and other bull sh*t charges only for some uninsured driver to write me off the road. And get away scotch free, while I pay through the nose to fix my car!? or compensation for injurys etc..
This.A very severe penalty is needed.You could go as far as saying - revoke their licence.

drive uninsured and get caught. > CRUSH THE CAR standard. (unless it was a dire emergency like hospital crisis. no excuse other wise.) Better still call someone in an emergency or flag down a legal driver who most likey will have full comp, to drive any other car with permission.Why am i paying insurance and road rax and other bull sh*t charges only for some uninsured driver to write me off the road. And get away scotch free, while I pay through the nose to fix my car!? or compensation for injurys etc..
:confused: It's an emergency, who has time to be doing that? You flag down a car, and he's like "Only have third party insurance, sorry bro" or someone might be in a rush and not want to stop or help. Further more, why should they drive your vehicle? If someone doesn't pick up hitch hikers, why would they pick up you and your bredrin? You going to be carrying your bloody bredrin along the pavement with you? Like I said, a person should be able to drive someone else's car in an emergency and get some form of proof it was an emergency and perhaps some government fund that compensates to a certain degree.Highly doubt it will happen but it's more practical in my opinion penalising someone in a life or death situation.

i dont see the issue with being uninsured! if you f*ck up, it should come out of you own pocket. but if you're not a dangeri dont see the issue in penalising them. If they got a license, whats the problem?

Tony, if you swerve out of the way to not hit someone else but you hit another car you are responsible. We all know how possible that situation is. You not being insured means the innocent parties pays for something that shouldn't have happened.

Tony, if you swerve out of the way to not hit someone else but you hit another car you are responsible. We all know how possible that situation is. You not being insured means the innocent parties pays for something that shouldn't have happened.
were you listening to LBC this morning?

:confused: It's an emergency, who has time to be doing that? You flag down a car, and he's like "Only have third party insurance, sorry bro" or someone might be in a rush and not want to stop or help. Further more, why should they drive your vehicle? If someone doesn't pick up hitch hikers, why would they pick up you and your bredrin? You going to be carrying your bloody bredrin along the pavement with you? Like I said, a person should be able to drive someone else's car in an emergency and get some form of proof it was an emergency and perhaps some government fund that compensates to a certain degree.Highly doubt it will happen but it's more practical in my opinion penalising someone in a life or death situation.
gov would have to be careful outlining scope of what defines emergency as nuff peeps would exploit it, hard to enforce that grey area, guess it would have be dealt with case by case, in the worst case scenario. But again cost issues arise. (legals etc...)

gov would have to be careful outlining scope of what defines emergency as nuff peeps would exploit it, hard to enforce that grey area, guess it would have be dealt with case by case, in the worst case scenario. But again cost issues arise. (legals etc...)
Why I said highly doubt it, but certain situations require immediate transport. Ambulance can take too long and that's time some people unfortunately have suffered from.

were you listening to LBC this morning?
Nah, why?Situation has happened to other people that's why I brought it up.

Why I said highly doubt it, but certain situations require immediate transport. Ambulance can take too long and that's time some people unfortunately have suffered from.
not disputing that. I even said yeah in dire emergency's its cool. I just added the "better still" part. If the situation allows it. Just as a fail safe option.