The most underrated midfielder in the prem is...

Guest R9

No, not Fletcher.carrick1.jpgEver since not being able to get anywhere near the ball in last years CL final, Carrick has looked horridly short of confidence, drive, and dare I say it, interest..All throughout his career my main criticism of him is that he needs to impose himself on games more and attempt dictate the play more often in the middle of the parkYesterday against Wolves was the perfect opportunity for him to do this, and even though we did have 10 men, I still feel he played the game at a carling cup level, instead of playing at the level he can.I understand he is short of confidence and now even more so having dropped down the midfield pecking order behind Fletch, Scholsey and Anderson, but he should be creating healthy competition if he has been dropped, but he didn't do himself any favours with yesterdays performance - it wasn't particularly shocking, but was not nearly as good as it could have beenI just feel the final really drained his confidence, I thougt yesterday might have been a kick up the arse for him but it seems to have had the opposite effect.What do you think..

I dunnoBerbatov - 1 SeasonEPL winnerCL finalistCC winnerFa Semi FinalistAs for CarrickWe've won the prem every season since he came, plus the champions league, carling, and world club cupI'd say money well spent.

Guest M12 Part 2

carrick isnt under rated, in fact i think hes crimianlly over rated.IMO hes simply not united quality and SAF should not have shelled out so much for him.He was bought as a 1st choice starting central midfielder and on that assumption he should be on the same level as the other top 4 1st choice cms Lampard, Gerrard, Fabregas. But hes not. never will be and theres not even an argument like on his day hes better than those 3 because he simply isnt. TBH hes not even on a par with most of their partners. People could easily argue that Essien, Ballack and alonso (when he was at pool) are also far better than him.For a club of united's stature who are the best in england and arguably best in europe. He doesnt cut it as the centre piece of the midfield. I would even go as far as saying that darron gibson will take his place soon and he'll be on his way

lol @ Carrick being overrated, just lol.on his day he's one of the best midfielders in England, without a doubt./at the moment he's low on confidence and doesn't seem to be able to 'boss' games still.when he does play he's always looking for that 'hollywood' pass to impress and more often then not it never comes off.and with Fletcher hitting the best form of his career its looking daunting for him. plus Hargo on the way back, Gibbo and Ando gettin' games etc etc.but i reckon with games and patience he'll be back to his 06-08 days.

carrick isnt under rated, in fact i think hes crimianlly over rated.IMO hes simply not united quality and SAF should not have shelled out so much for him.He was bought as a 1st choice starting central midfielder and on that assumption he should be on the same level as the other top 4 1st choice cms Lampard, Gerrard, Fabregas. But hes not. never will be and theres not even an argument like on his day hes better than those 3 because he simply isnt. TBH hes not even on a par with most of their partners. People could easily argue that Essien, Ballack and alonso (when he was at pool) are also far better than him.For a club of united's stature who are the best in england and arguably best in europe. He doesnt cut it as the centre piece of the midfield. I would even go as far as saying that darron gibson will take his place soon and he'll be on his way
LOLjust LOL @ thisCarrick is one of the best deep lying playmakers in the worldAt top clubs you have one player who can win it and the others will be the ball playersUtd have won the title ever since Carrick signedLeft foot, right foot, he is a very gifted boyCarrick uses the ball better than Lampard & Gerrard, he builds more attacks than them while Lamps & Gerrard score more..He is right up there

Guest M12 Part 2
lol @ Carrick being overrated, just lol.on his day he's one of the best midfielders in England, without a doubt./at the moment he's low on confidence and doesn't seem to be able to 'boss' games still.when he does play he's always looking for that 'hollywood' pass to impress and more often then not it never comes off.and with Fletcher hitting the best form of his career its looking daunting for him. plus Hargo on the way back, Gibbo and Ando gettin' games etc etc.but i reckon with games and patience he'll be back to his 06-08 days.
this is exactly what i mean "on his day" peter crouch can bang a hat trick and show technique equal to most of the best players on the planet doesnt mean he should pull on a united shirt in a hurry.the thing that annoys me most is its not a talent thing. cos in some areas of his game carrick is absolutely SHOWER. its his mentality that lets him down IMO. its like he doesnt want to be THAT guy. The amount of times ive sat in OT screaming shoot at this c*nt or watching him play sideways and backwards "safe" passes when i know he has the ability to slide in a sick through ball or stroke the ball into the net.This is why gibson is such a breath of fresh air. He is not afraid to knock the ball out of his feet and bang it. passing wise he is nowhere near as accomplished as carrick but his mind state is different. He believes he can be that guy who can win games, carrick is happy being a supporting act when the team is playing well but he never steps up and says if you guys arent gonna do the business I AM. hes always looking for someone else when in reality he could be doing it himself. This is what separates him from fab,lamps, gerrard etc and all the other top CMs

the seasons we won the CL carrick was so f*ck*ng sick was the highest scoring deep lying midfielder in europe (xavi, prilo, fabregas etc...)but scholes got all the props :/ last season away to wigan his peroformance basically won us the title was tooo too muchhowever ever since the CL final and the criticism he got his confidence looks air

people jumpin on this to quicklike say hes finishedstill a top top playerbut gibson is sick i still dnt no why he dont get more games
How many games has he played this season yes he has underperformed so far but give him time after his performances steadying our midfield when hefirst came he deserves the time to get his confidence back still a top player people are allowed dips in form and i fully expect him to be back to business soon enough.when he signed he made a big difference to our team and is still one of our best players.

Been our best midfielder since we signed him, like someone said it's not a coincidence that we've won the league every year since we bought him...The job he does goes under alot of peoples radars cos he's not flying into tackles or smashing it top corner every week...His decision making is what sets him apart, I can't believe someone would say Gibson is a better player because everytime he's within 35yds he tries to shoot, that just shows how niave(sp?) he is...carrick doesn't always play the safe pass, he more often than not plays the RIGHT pass which had been a massive factor in us passing teams to death the last few years, yes he come up short against barca but who didn't that day?!?!

I dunnoBerbatov - 1 SeasonEPL winnerCL finalistCC winnerFa Semi FinalistI'd say money well spent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is man trying to say berbatov is responsible for these feat's?But then again Traore won the Champions league with liverpool so i guess that means he's world class.swear some lost souls on here
If you think or are trying to say I claimed berbatov was solely responsable for any of that then you are a clown.