Dilemma

A Bit Better

Got two tests tomorrow. It means nothing but my employer will see my marks and as I sleep through class I will definitely get less than ten percent in both (I have no idea what they're about).Doing some revision now and there's too much to learn. However, the only other black boy on the course did the test about 3 weeks ago. He has sent me the questions. Do I...A ) Revise the stuff he told me to, hoping that they don't change the test (bear in mind it was 3 weeks ago and they know we work together)?B ) Stay up all night revising and try to pass it on my own. Or at least limit my fail?C ) Just say f*ck it and accept my failure?Answers in the next 5 minutes please...

Firstly, focus on one exam only. If you secure a decent enough grade in one, you can attribute the horrid mark in the other to an anomalous tactical meltdown in the exam roomHedge your bets between A + B. Spend some time learning the previous test - even if the questions are different, the right techniques and concepts may stick... and if it turns out to be the same exam, you'll beast it. Then learn brief basics of everything else

It makes you look less like somebody who doesn't study/revise anything, and more like somebody who just misfired badly in one examShouldn't be too difficult to sell that to your employerJust about scraping a semiacceptable standard in both makes you look conspicuously like a coaster/procrastinator
Thing is, they know I'm a coaster/procrastinator. I got about 30-40% in both tests for the last two modules and passed them both. It's not really about tricking my employer into thinking I'm different, it's about not getting bugged for doing really sh*t.LOGS, why you be this way? Would you do it?I'm just gonna do A. f*ck B. I'll stay up an extra hour at most.They're accountancy qualification exams. But these are the tests. Later there will be mocks and then after them there will be exams. These mean nothing.

Guest Lisa Turtle

LOL Eks, what do you expect from me? :P. Yes, I would do it. Missing sleep doesn't affect me much.Well as it's just the tests, I will allow you this one time.I'm 100% convinced you won't repeat these actions in the future.

Was considering an all-nighter Relentless and coffee night. But I'm just too f*ck*ng lazy.It's my manager's fault. She's young and only qualified about 3-4 years ago (fast riser). She told me months ago that she used to skip out of college after lunch and the other day when I mentioned my test she said "I always used to say, don't peak to soon!"But her opinion of me means nothing... It's the eyes of the rest of the area team that will be on me.

They'll be asking me (obviously manager will know but dunno how much she'll blab). The ones that I work closely with know what I'm like. But some have no idea and will just think I'm a slacker. Which I am. But they'll think I'm a slacker who's gonna fail the exam. Which I'm not. Already seen what happens if you fail an exam. My bredrin failed one and they're going on like the guy's working his notice! Taking responsibilities away and stuff. Not cool.

OK so I have to wake up at half 7 and leave home at 8.20 to get there on time. In my tiredness I set my alarm for 8.30 instead of 7.30. I wake up at 8.30 and leave the house in 5 minutes. That's right, I didn't shower! When I get to the station I realise I've forgotten my phone at home. Day hasn't started well at all! On the train I'm revising and praying that I the one I didn't revise for is first. I get there and I'm lucky, it was first. Had an hour left of the 90 minute test. Definitely failed. I even finished before the time lol. SMASHED the second test. It was exactly as he told me. I destroyed it. Spudded my boy at the end as I'd forwarded the email to him.Think I did well enough in the second one that the first one will be overshadowed (thank's Superstizzle)! Safe for the advice guys! Another mission accomplished through the power of collective thinking.