what do u think?

o-guy

dn't knw if any of u knw this, but tiger woods is considered a bounty in american pop culture because on more than one occasion his commented on the fact that his not black, rather he is mixed race.this came up in a discussion i had this morningin this dicussion i was pegged as being "part of the problem" because i agree with tiger woods. He is not black... no mixed race person is. Some one who is half black and half white, is no more black than they are white, so why would u call them black?I would go as far as to say that to call a mixed race person black is anti-progressive and even "part of the problem" becuz it implies that it takes more to be considered white than it does to be considered blackone guy i was with stated that it pisses him off when people refer to obama as americas first black president, becuz he feels its a cop out as if to say the notion of an actually black president is sumthing that is so far fetched that we should jump at the first chance to settle.it doesn't piss me off but i agree stillwhat do u think?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To refer to Tiger Woods as balck is to accept the preface that if a person is not all white, they're another race entirely. That suggests that white is the norm and other races are the deviation from the norm which is a worrying idea.Lol at you being "part of the problem". Unless it was Jesse Jackson that said it, that person needs a slap!

Makes me laugh when you see mixed race man slagging off white culture.Them guys are actually lost
lol & c/sslashit's because in america, they've historically had the idea that one drop of black blood = you can't consider yourself white in any way (as i'm sure you know). but obama, to his credit, has never referred to himself on racial lines (to my knowledge)the reality is that a LOT of black people have some white in themie. Muhammud Ali, black icon = irish great-grandfather etc.etc.

tbh tiger woods doesnt identify himself as black, white or mixed race

Woods made his remarks on "Oprah," when he was asked if it bothered him to be called an African-American. "It does," he said. "Growing up, I came up with this name: I'm a 'Cablinasian.'" As in Caucasian-black-Indian-Asian.
talk about egocentric

But then it raises questions of how black to you have to be to be black?No black person is pure, it's just darker and darker people run in your heritage.I mean, I am a quarter white, am I not black because my gran is white, despite the fact I am a similar colour to some people that deem themselves fully black?Long to go back and forth over this, but just trying to throw another perspective out there.On topic, if Tiger wants to call himself that, then fair play to him. He is just openly acknowledging he is composed of another ethnicity.

cah bk in the day if u were mulatto u were just a high class niggerAnd thats only high class cah the man dat raped ur mum might pay for ur winter boots or put u in a nigga skoolU dont hear half russian half japs saying i aint this or thatMixed full quarter, u just a next shade of brown

Makes me laugh when you see mixed race man slagging off white culture.Them guys are actually lost
lol & c/sslashit's because in america, they've historically had the idea that one drop of black blood = you can't consider yourself white in any way (as i'm sure you know). but obama, to his credit, has never referred to himself on racial lines (to my knowledge)the reality is that a LOT of black people have some white in themie. Muhammud Ali, black icon = irish great-grandfather etc.etc.
Unfortunately, more often than not this was not out of choice though. So you can see why African-Americans would reject the fact they have a mixed heritage. Fair-play to Tiger for embracing his whole background. I'm sure enough people have told him he isn't black enough because he plays golf or he isn't white because he is mixed. /I fully hate the term coconut/bounty/oreo blah blah and all of that stuff.

no mixed race person will tell you they are not white unless of course the mix has no white.they may say they are black, but will also say they are half white, or whetever halfmix they aretiger woods never denied his blackness he just said he is not fully black and has another sidejust like me. i also hate any mixed race person who acts like the other half is a mistake or a curse.and i also hate anyone else discussing what racial profile i fit in.mind your own f*ck*ng business. nigerians reach harlem for 2 weeks and are african americans suddenly.first half black president, first black president.. cup is still half full.

whats the difference between a 'lightie' and a mixed race person?
lightie should mean a light skinned black person rather than a straight half and half mixhowever, it's been lost in translation me thinksand most mixed race people i know consider themselves black as i do and as alot of white people do; white people only seem to talk of them as mixed race when theres some sort of success attached