Players to watch, to learn, to play, good.

Captain Planet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been watching Guti, VDV, Robben & Giggs vids recently, im trying to improve my left peg
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/How does watching natural left footers help you improve your left foot?
Observing the technique, balance, striking position, body position etcFor me its about being more accustomed to left footed players, I am a good striker of the ball but on my left the technique eludes me sumtimesThem man make playing with a left foot look beautifulIve always learned bits 4rm watching players, im a good finisher coz I watched Ian Wright on the Arsenal VHS for so many years

Of course you can teach technique.@ IBblackman, about teh 45 degree angle thingWhen your approached by a striker/player running at you ideally you never, ever want to be facing them square-on.You shouldn't be anticipating what they will do and hoping to match it, you should be dictating what they will do through your own bodyshape.

tekkers is learnt as a kid imobut also has a lot to do with size/ethnicity/genetics and endz.

tekkers is learnt as a kid imobut also has a lot to do with size/ethnicity/genetics and endz.
LOL?
tbf, I think he means the culture. Like, Africans have more tribal tendencies and sh*t due to their living environment, and therefore they are usually stronger and bigger etc type players.Latin players are all about flair in both character and ability.Its hard to explain but I know what I mean. I think.

Youve neither got tekkers , Or you havent.You cant teach it.
To an extent this is true, but you can learn alot frim vids.
Yea , you can learn about placement , space & timing of runs etcTekkers is something you pick up when your young , YOUR own style of kicking ball.Theres some posts in here that are giving the impression that if you watch hundreds of videos on RVP , then you will play like him..

I don’t understand what you mean by ‘YOUR own style of play’?Individual style of play/flair isn’t the same thing as technique, or perhaps I am confused about what people mean by ‘tekkers’The correct technique for controlling, striking, passing etc are all things that you learn, but things that if done incorrectly - for example shooting, is something that will be repeated and ingrained into your natural style of play so it impairs the correct technique.Knowing what and how to use this is when I would say a player has tekkers, so of course it can be taught. But the longer you go not doing it, the harder it is to pick up, and the more difficulty you will have doing it under pressure with little time to think.I agree watching videos will not always help though, you can watch 100 videos of cannnavaro rushing out to make an interception but the videos won't always let you see for youself when to recognise the threat from pitch-level..

Yeh being able to do it perfectly comes from the technique, i.e. good shooting technique will produce a good shot, (head down, knee over ball, strike through the ball with the large bone on your foot where your laces are, ankle locked use your hips + kinetic energy to build the power, swing your knee through, not your whole leg etc) good dribbling technique good dribbling and so on and so forthAesthetically pleasing doesn't have anything to do with tekkers though, they may go together but they are two diff things.As for the stance, the stance you take when you shoot is all part of the technique.Ronaldo hits the ball as perfectly as you can with your laces, he has the correct technique for what he wants to do.So yes, technique can be leanred but as you develop your own style of kicking you may find it very hard to start kicking or whatever 'correctly' if you have been doing it wrong for a long time.

I been watching Guti, VDV, Robben & Giggs vids recently, im trying to improve my left peg
:/:/:/:/:/:/ How does watching natural left footers help you improve your left foot?
Come on man, I know youve played at a good level aswell, surely you know how much you can learn by watching elites do it?
No, i'm tryna work out why watching a natural left footer would help you improve your (weaker)left foot. Surely watching natural right footers use their left foot would make more sense?Because very few players strike the ball the same with both feet.