BEEF

Guest WAVESURFER

Guest WAVESURFER

One of the guys from Black Lips (Jared Swilley) said this a few months ago, after Wavves (Nathan Williams) had his little freakout/whatever & cancelled his European tour:* "A friend of mine gave him MDMA (ecstasy), and he just couldn't take it."* "It wasn't so much of a breakdown as it was him being a baby. And that's why I don't like him. I've heard stories from others that he's like a real d*ck. And just like a baby, thought he was really cool. But then when it came down to it, when the pressure came on he just couldn't take the heat. Some people can't do this.* "That's cowardly to me. If you're gonna do this, you put your all into it. Otherwise, just stay at home. He's like a little puppy."* "There's so many people that would wanna be doing that: being able to get flown over to Europe, and have people like your records and buying them. And then just blow it on your first show in Europe-- someone like that needs to not do this. He needs to go back to school or move back in with his parents and sit down and think about things. He shouldn't play music. He shouldn't tour."Apparently they met the other night at a bar in Brooklyn & sh*t got ugly. Here's their (conflicting) accounts of what happened (copied from Pitchfork):According to Pop Jew, the beginning of the fight was unclear, but there was an altercation that spiraled out of control:"I didn't see the beginning, but I did see people dragging Nathan and Jared apart, and then Jared and a popular DJ running at Nathan again, spilling beer all over everyone (including me), and punches being thrown. The lights at Daddy's were turned on, the cops showed up, but Jared and the chick were not ready to stop fighting and were even trying to fight other people outside the bar. Jared was bloody. Nathan was fine."Yesterday, Williams issued a statement, posted by Brooklyn Vegan and confirmed by his publicist, explaining his side of the story:"Talking sh*t about me on the Internet is one thing, I can handle that all day but when some dude is just looking for a fight at 4 in the morning talking sh*t to my face and his girlfriend is spitting in the face of all my friends it's a whole different story. I have no problem wih [sic] black lips or anybody else that i havent met but jared has been at me every chance he had. I just want to play music and have fun. It was unfortunate that it escalated to that point but he got what was coming to him."But then today Buddyhead spoke to Swilley, and he had a very different version of events:"First of all, I just wanna say that Wavves was NOT involved in that fight. That faggot didn't even touch me.I've never 'come after' that kid, it wasn't four a.m., that wasn't my girlfriend, no one was spitting, and I didn't attack him. I don't give a sh*t about that kid and his music.What happened was, after we finished our set I went to Daddy's with some friends and saw that faggot from Wavves talking to a photographer friend of mine. The only thing I did was walk up to him and say 'You're that faggot from Wavves and I don't like you'. He smiled a bit but didn't say anything.After that, I went outside and saw their tour manager hanging around with some guys. They started getting all chuckles with me and so I told them I wasn't gonna have it. After that, Wavves tour manager hit me square in the face with a bottle. Blood started pouring out and six dudes f*ck*ng started kicking me until I blacked out.All I remember is getting hit with the bottle and my friends dragging me to another bar. They wrapped my head up until I looked like a Confederate soldier.So yeah, I lost the fight.I also missed three flights. I've been in the airport all day having stewardesses cleaning my head because it kept cracking open. You can't go on board if you're bleeding.Bottom line is that faggot from Wavves didn't even hit me. Never touched me. And he should've, cuz he had a free shot.He's coming to Atlanta October 3rd and we're gonna get ugly on him. We're gonna destroy their van, we're gonna destroy their faces, we're gonna get crazy on em'. Nasty style."I'm a pretty big fan of both of these bands, so for me this is like when Jay-Z & Mobb Deep were beefing.It is pretty funny though.Also funny is the fact that these indie rock guys are taking it straight to the streets, no messing around with diss records. Rappers could learn a thing or two from these guys.