My Program

Angelo

Ok basically my goals are maximum size + weight gain.My weight varies around 11 stone normally. I'm 5ft 11 and aim to be around 12-13 stone by Xmas. my ultimate goal is to be around 14-15 stone next year, but I'm working step by step instead of setting a long term target.Bodyfat is 6% so I'm not worried about putting on too much fat.Here's what I've worked out to start next week. On tuesdays/thursdays, and weekends, I'm not sure whether I should be resting, or doing sprints/dashes to improve speed as I get bigger - wasn't sure if it would be enough to offset any calorie gain I might be making during the working days. I'm very quick at the moment and don't want to lose too much of that advantage.picture1ta.pngIf anyone thinks any of the rep counts/sets are out of sync as well any input is appreciated.I'm working out my rep maxes today, so will know the weights soon enough.As for diet, I'm fine with that. Normal is 6-7 meals per day ranging from 7 am to 11pm, and i'm eating the right foods so I should be ok on that front. Also, is it really worth taking supplements? Would they make a noticeable difference? I've never taken them and seen relatively good returns, so I'm curious. If so, which ones?Cheers

I think you're gonna have problems doing biceps/back and triceps/chest on different day because their supporting muscles that get used, so if you do Triceps on Monday by Wednesday there's a high chance they will still be aching/fatigued affecting the amount you can lift on bench say.I'd also do leg raises for abs, apart from that pretty much the same as mine.

did u make that on excel lol? its a pretty solid routine, just mix it up every other month or so ie put different variations in like an incline bench press.as for suppliment id get phd synergy, good for gaining weight and got a little creatine in, when started it i made noticable gains in size and strength in about 2 weeks. but if ur getting enough calories and protein from your deit they are not essential.

Ok basically my goals are maximum size + weight gain.My weight varies around 11 stone normally. I'm 5ft 11 and aim to be around 12-13 stone by Xmas. my ultimate goal is to be around 14-15 stone next year, but I'm working step by step instead of setting a long term target.Bodyfat is 6% so I'm not worried about putting on too much fat.Here's what I've worked out to start next week. On tuesdays/thursdays, and weekends, I'm not sure whether I should be resting, or doing sprints/dashes to improve speed as I get bigger - wasn't sure if it would be enough to offset any calorie gain I might be making during the working days. I'm very quick at the moment and don't want to lose too much of that advantage.picture1ta.pngIf anyone thinks any of the rep counts/sets are out of sync as well any input is appreciated.I'm working out my rep maxes today, so will know the weights soon enough.As for diet, I'm fine with that. Normal is 6-7 meals per day ranging from 7 am to 11pm, and i'm eating the right foods so I should be ok on that front. Also, is it really worth taking supplements? Would they make a noticeable difference? I've never taken them and seen relatively good returns, so I'm curious. If so, which ones?Cheers
ur gonna have problems doing back since u've done biceps on monday.u dont need bicep curls since ur doing barbell curls already so do hammer curls insteadfor chest replace the pec machine with an incline pressother than that good routine but if your biceps are fatigued on back day do this:back/biceps/forearmschest/tricepslegs/shoulders/trapsadd abs once or twice a weekwhos that in ur avi

did u make that on excel lol? its a pretty solid routine, just mix it up every other month or so ie put different variations in like an incline bench press.as for suppliment id get phd synergy, good for gaining weight and got a little creatine in, when started it i made noticable gains in size and strength in about 2 weeks. but if ur getting enough calories and protein from your deit they are not essential.
x2 on the synergy.

Haven't had a chance to look at that routine properly yet but thought I should say that you should decide what position you wanna play before you start packing on pounds. If you put on that much weight that quickly you're gonna get alot slower. At your height you'd make a decent DB or wide receiver and there's no reason to be over 13 stone at your height in those positions.However if you wanna be a linebacker then please continue. Also, preseason for most senior teams starts in November/December so lookout for your local team. Where abouts are you?

Wide Receiver is me 2bh.I've been led to believe that I'm too short for anything else.My dreams of being a blonde hair blue eyed quarterback star in an american high school have been dashed.yeah I'm terrified I'll lose too much speed. 100m sprint at the moment is 10.9, which is why I'm aiming for WR.Im In Brixton, but Im at Melbourne Uni at the moment, so won't be back in the UK until Dec time. Next year when I'm back though I'm full on joining a team - just wanted to pack some more weight on first...In that case f*ck it I'll do interval training on my off days and just eat like a beast.

lol i tried to make it all fancy and sh*t. cool i'll check out synergy then, nice one.
ur gonna have problems doing back since u've done biceps on monday.u dont need bicep curls since ur doing barbell curls already so do hammer curls insteadfor chest replace the pec machine with an incline pressother than that good routine but if your biceps are fatigued on back day do this:back/biceps/forearmschest/tricepslegs/shoulders/trapsadd abs once or twice a weekwhos that in ur avi
Cool, changes made. Thanks for the input.That chick is Christian Serratos

Wide Receiver is me 2bh.I've been led to believe that I'm too short for anything else.My dreams of being a blonde hair blue eyed quarterback star in an american high school have been dashed.yeah I'm terrified I'll lose too much speed. 100m sprint at the moment is 10.9, which is why I'm aiming for WR.Im In Brixton, but Im at Melbourne Uni at the moment, so won't be back in the UK until Dec time. Next year when I'm back though I'm full on joining a team - just wanted to pack some more weight on first...In that case f*ck it I'll do interval training on my off days and just eat like a beast.
Yeah just keep your speed up. Get a bit bigger but not too much. I think 12.5 should be fine. You're a decent height for a corner tbh but if you think you've got the hands for it you can definitely be a WR. Come December, join the Olympians (my team). We have a Great Britain quarterback and 3 GB receivers so you'll have plenty of people to learn from. And I'll be there to school you on the other side of the ball. Just look out for me when you run those slants coz I'm coming booooy. I'M COOMIIING BOOOOOOOOY!

There are no tryouts but the squad isn't that big. It's a new but old team. Basically they existed and they were in the premiership and went to the Bowl every year. Then they had internal problems and disbanded a few years ago. Started up again this year and are in BAFL2. Thanks to another team refusing to reschedule a game that got rained out, we went 8-2 and didn't make the playoffs. Next year, quite simply, we're winning the league and getting promoted to BAFL1. Then the year after that we're going up to Premiership. Next year is the best time to join as once we start moving up bare people will just come join and it's harder to get playing time when there's bare new starters and you're not established.Also, in regards to your routine above. I would say rotate between flat bench, incline bench and decline bench. And the same for the flyes. Flat, incline, decline - do one (or two) of the three each time you do chest. And I didn't see deadlifts on there. Waguan with that? And I personally think you're doing too much. Biceps, triceps and shoulders all in one day? How long are you planning on being in the gym for? That's about 3 hours right there!

What are your stats? How old are you?A linebacker's main responsibility is to stop the running game. So you'd be tackling running backs but you'd also be used in the passing game either on pass rush i.e. trying to sack the quarterback, or coverage i.e. dropping back and staying in a zone to mark anyone that comes into that zone incase they're passed to. You must be looking f*ck*ng huge if they think you should be a linebacker over there.

If it's a fun league then you probably don't need to be that big so you should be OK but the bigger you are the better. Pass rushing is about having quick feet but not necessarily being a fast runner. You basically need to get round a guy to tackle the quarterback. As you're a boxer I'd imagine you'd be pretty good at pass rushing as you need quick feet and quick hands (to knock the guy who's blocking you's hands off you).And forget metres. Metres are dead to you. Your life is yards now. Yards. You wanna be fast over 40 yards.