Shyne

Bruno Di Gradi

HipHopDX ReportsRapper Shyne is expected to be released from prison today, as initially reported on HipHopDX this August. The 30 year-old rapper a/k/a Jamal Barrow was sentenced to 10 years in June of 2001 for charges stemming from a high-publicized 1999 shooting incident involving Diddy and Jennifer Lopez. During his eight-plus year sentence, the Brooklyn emcee was incarcerated at Riker's Island, Woodbourne and Clinton Correctional Facility.Since the incident, the rapper released his only two albums: 1999's platinum self-titled album on Bad Boy Records, and 2004's Godfather Buried Alive release on Def Jam, including a song recorded through the phone from prison.In the last eight years, the rapper has been speculated and rumored to sign with various labels including Murder Inc., Death Row Records and most recently Roc Nation. The rapper has confirmed none of these rumors, and spoken few times publicly, most recently to XXL magazine.Diddy spoke to HOT97 recently on Shyne's release, stating, “It's a blessing that he's coming home...I spoke to him like a couple of weeks ago and he sounded like he was in good spirits. I know he can't wait to get home. I know he is definitely going to heat the whole scene up. He was definitely one of [many] talented young artists that I had the pleasure to work with. I'm quite sure he's been using his time wisely and has some heat.”

I dont think he is gonna be on this rap ting anymore. Last interview I ssaw of him form prison. Dude was a changed man. He was on some Nubian/pro activist talk. Am sure is subject matter would have changed.+ Allow all these dead labels tryna jump on his coat tail to boost their label. I think he should just ride on his own. But wow ten years went fast. I also rated black rob much better.

Guest WAVESURFER
the mad thing is that he is only 30still got his whole career ahead of him
f*ck that, it's not about listening to old guys rapping.
10 years just flew by like thatBlackrob came out a couple months back as wellBlackrob>>>>>>Shyne
C/S

He did change his ways while inside

Shyne Converts to Judaism? According to the Post Shyne has recently become Jewish, although I could have sworn he was already Jewish? Looks like the only actual news is that he's changing his name, perhaps to renew his faith, and the Post got confused? But either way, mazeltov! As long as this doesn't end with you hugging up on Rick Santorum or something..Jailed rapper Shyne is legally changing his name to Moses Michael Leviy - and he's taking out a classified ad in The Post tomorrow to make it official. Shyne, who hopes to get out of Clinton Correctional Facility upstate next year, was born Jamaal Michael Barrow in 1978. The Belize-born rhymer converted to Judaism while locked up and now claims to be descended from Ethiopian Jews. http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/001574.htmlhttp://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525436/2...306/shyne.jhtml

Rapper Shyne Released from Prison for P. Diddy, Jennifer Lopez Shoot OutNEW YORK (CBS) New York Rapper Shyne was released from prison today after serving more than eight years for his role in a 1999 New York night club shooting involving mentor Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and actress Jennifer Lopez.A Clinton Correctional Facility staffer confirmed his release.image612789x.jpgShyne, whose real name is Jamal Barrow, was charged in March 2001, with attempted murder, assault and reckless endangerment.According to MTV, "The rapper admitted to firing a gun at Club New York, but maintained that he was acting in self-defense and that another gunman's bullets injured the two victims. He faced up to 25 years in prison."He was sentenced to only 10, which he began on June 1, 2001."It's a blessing that he's coming home," Combs said in a recent radio interview on Hot 97 in New York. "I spoke to him like a couple of weeks ago and he sounded like he was in good spirits."While serving time, the rapper released two albums and reportedly converted to Judiasm. He legally changed his name Moses Michael Leviy. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/06/cr...ry5366873.shtml
:Y:

“Representatives for the rapper revealed to MTV News that the Brooklyn MC is being detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at an unspecified facility in Western New York State. Officials are determining whether or not to deport the rapper, who was born in Belize, a rep explained. “Shyne is currently in federal custody while his future immigration status is determined,” the rep said in a message to MTV News. Shyne attorney Oscar Michelen emphasized to MTV News on Tuesday afternoon that Shyne has not been released, contrary to media reports.