Chipmunk vs. Grime - Did someone say RIP Grime?

Numero001

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that appearing on LOTM wouldnt be good for him.... but i dont agree that he is too good for it or 'past that stage'
Purely from his point of view & in the grand scheme of things, he is past that stage tho... He's making 'mersh music and set to be number 1 in the national charts. The DVD is pretty much a street grime level product and in some cases a very good introductory tool for new artists. Chipmunk is neither.That said he is a product of grime, so his reason for not doing the DVD would have to be worded better than "too good" or "past that stage". LOTM should be more creative & think of a better way of incorporating on the the DVD than just clashing.

big up chick king was in there 2 weeks ago after I went for a slash on tottenhams shitty groundflo jo coming with allot of real talk but i hear both sides of the arguementjust went on grime forum and read this topic about f*ck progresshttp://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38597dizzee to far>>>>>aint even heard chipmunks song good it is number one remember reading an interview with ironik 6 months back and hewas complaining about chipmunk not doing commercial stuff and not opening up his mind to be more mersh in the metro looks like he got what he wantedDont know why they cant do both like they do in america releases ur poppy sh*t but also release the gritty sh*t like g unit radio etc (can not give more examples aint a big hip hopper fan)titchey stryder gets ratings coz he has the balance right

lol @ the comparison between what i read was the original point of them comments and the way they are portrayed in this thread
lol @ that post.Why not say what youre saying rather than come with some riddle?
I was shown it by someone else (copy n pasted over msn) dont know where it was originally from or whether what was written was even true. just seemed weird the way it was posted on here compared with what i read at the time.

lol@ wen u lot were on chipmunks nutz sayin hes the next big thingu guys are lost
You always chat this same sorta sh*t. Either "When you were on so and so's nuts" or "you cant do it so cant say nothing" type bullshitYou think general consensus on here was "Yeah man, us here at ViP2 all think Chipmunk is that guy"? I honestly dont remember that. People used to cuss him for as long as I can remember

• 2 weeks later...
anyone think chipmunk is being manipulated by big record companies.he's being told to do all this symbolism sh*t n he dunno wtf it is.u see the hysteria n sh*t from when he performed in westfield imo got nothing to do with his music.
chippy ain't that big yet to be involved in that type of thing.

his big head and face annoys meand why is he throwing up that weird devil sign n when skepta asked him what it means he said he dunno.mug.
lolWhat sign.I don't like Chipmunk, tbh. . .But I am not allowed to say, because we are same age.Hes done well for himself, he is just going through puberty badly still.Got this on top of the world vibe about him negatively amplified by his recent success.Hopefully he gets his head together properly, he should be thanking fans, instead of insulting artists that were bringing him to peoples bedrooms to do sets

Dont know how any of these people can spit over a funky/RnB beat then go back to saying they do GrimeYou think at the peak of Grime people could spit over a house beat then come back into Grime likes its nuffin?All the top boys from the scene hit there peak in Grime a few years backGrime is for the northerners nowLet them have the left overs

his big head and face annoys meand why is he throwing up that weird devil sign n when skepta asked him what it means he said he dunno.mug.
lolWhat sign.I don't like Chipmunk, tbh. . .But I am not allowed to say, because we are same age.Hes done well for himself, he is just going through puberty badly still.Got this on top of the world vibe about him negatively amplified by his recent success.Hopefully he gets his head together properly, he should be thanking fans, instead of insulting artists that were bringing him to peoples bedrooms to do sets
Nah, too much workdvfsdgvbsfbsdvs

Nah, too much workdvfsdgvbsfbsdvs
Laow it.Saying his hair looks like an afro even though its number1 all over.Deep.

Guest Triple XXX
2 years ago he was the sh*t tbh, man was tearing up tunes, sets and mixtapes. everyone was saying he's the best younger
nah bruv he was never that guyDevlin, Griminal etc were on top