Sol Campbell

Mr. Gayle

SOL CAMPBELL spoke to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Tuesday about returning to the club.Campbell, 35, walked out on League Two side Notts County last month after just one game, despite signing a five-year £40,000-a-week deal.The centre-half met Wenger during the launch of an African education campaign at the Emirates and chatted about using his old club's facilities to help regain his fitness.Former England star Campbell said: ""It will be great to train here and get fit.""I've spoken to Arsene. Hopefully, we can speak to the right people and get a couple of the physios and fitness guys to help me train.""My overall fitness is OK but something else may happen before then.""County have still not released Campbell from his contract and under FIFA rules he cannot join another club before January's transfer window.But he said: ""First of all, I've got to get out of the contract, people have to sign papers. ""There are lots of things that have to be tied up but I think everyone understands why. ""I just want to play football in the right way but everything has to be done in the proper way.""There are ways of playing before January. I'm not going to elaborate but there are ways. Not very soon but there are ways.""David Beckham trained with Arsenal at the start of 2008 to stay fit for England duty during the MLS off-season.
Any truth in this

He can train and sign?no thanks.a partnership of him and silvestre will be disastrous will rather have senderos tbh..Wouldn't mind viera tho. He will be useful for a few games towards the end of the season IF we are still on the RUN.

Never understood why a team would entertain the idea of allowing a player who doesn't play for your team train with them.Some say he will bring something to yutes, can he bring anything more than Bould ???Man is waste, walked out on a 5 year deal with County, walked out at half time v West Ham still waiting a sorry for that, wanted to "play abroad" Time to hang up the boots and pursue his acting career

• 6 months later...