Paul Pogba

Guest R9

On 2/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, Thizz said:

In a recent interview with the Sunday Telegraph, he stated:

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive, they were hungry.

"But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn't have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn't sure they were going to learn".

“You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater.

"In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard's a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player."

mad article/quote

• 1 month later...

fell out with mourinho same time as zlatan

was offered to city in jan window

they rejected the move wanted a loan

will likely now go psg on loan in the summer

Like he would know anyway

guys just cattle

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Pogba is a luxury player tbh, not combative enough, I can see why Mourinho is getting annoyed.

He's up there in assists but he needs to contribute in more 

He’s the same player he was when José signed him. One of my biggest bugbears in football Is when a manager signs a player known for playing in a certain position/role and tries shoehorn them into another.

Just don’t get it ??‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

He’s the same player he was when José signed him. One of my biggest bugbears in football Is when a manager signs a player known for playing in a certain position/role and tries shoehorn them into another.

Just don’t get it ??‍♂️

exactly the same thing i said to my boy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...