Paul Pogba

Guest R9

12 minutes ago, zoot said:

My parents are both from two different European countries and it winds me up that they didn't teach me either languge

Now I'm here age 26 trying to learn and it's very difficult. What methods do you use to learn?  @O Fenomeno

I got lucky very lucky 

French-I was born in Lyon and lived there for the first years of my life 

Lingala- father tongue 

Portuguese- mother tongue 

English- I learnt when I came here early 

Spanish- Had cousins living in Madrid and Don Benito spent a few summers there picked it up easily due to it be similar to Portuguese 

Italian- I dated this Italian girl so she taught me plus I realised it was similar to French and sometimes Portuguese 

/

The struggle now 

Turkish- through a family member who is married to a Turkish woman and plus their children also a few Turkish girls here and there

As for Chinese,Arabic,German I am using a tutor for it but the key thing is tutor and I have to have three mutual languages before I hire them because I am not going to lie I want things explained to me also I tend to speak in an accent depending on which language I am speaking in.

Rosetta Stone is good but human always excels over a machine.

• Like 1

Zoot my advice would be get a tutor who is fluent in English and obviously the language you want to learn.

Make sure they can write in both languages 

Them apps are inaccurate 

If you can get a woman who speaks the language you want to learn and she is hooked on you it changes the game.

1 hour ago, Greens said:

I think some people naturally excel at picking up languages. I've always found it difficult and scraped through my GCSE french back in the day. 

Mad admiration for people that can switch between languages like it's nothing.

I personally feel some people struggle with learning languages because they have no vested interest in using it. Me for example had a really narrow mentality where I never thought I would leave tge country and therefore why would I need to learn a language. That was tge fault of the people around me not showing me how many opportunities tgere are in tge world. When I started learning portuguese in 2012 I was so invested in it in preparation for my trip to Brazil in 2014 I was studying every day and immersing myself in it heavily. But now I have no one around me that speaks portuguese so it's definitely way worse than it was around 2014.

Like porch said, I would love to find a missus that speaks another language because she's gonna teach me and my kids. Short of that hopefully find a job abroad for a while so I learn.

• 3 weeks later...

'I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give the best,' he said. 'Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

'During a season, you can have a big match, then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration. Then comes a big match again.

'In the World Cup, the direction of the emotion, of the responsibility, of the big decisions is always growing up. This feeds the motivation and the concentration of a player. So it was the perfect environment for him.

'At the same time, I think players in the World Cup, they really feel that extra commitment with a country, with the people, that extra responsibility that makes them — by the emotional point of view — to be sometimes even over-committed.

'So they play for the team, and only for the team, and the team is the most important thing, and they do everything to try to succeed. So it's the perfect environment for a talented player like him to fully focus on the job.'

Jose doesn't give a fuck about your world cup medal

Souness breathing a huge sigh of relief

• 2 weeks later...

off to barca ?