Paul Pogba

Guest R9

1 hour ago, Badman said:

Does anybody on these forums support their teams anymore

personally i cant understand being past your late 20s and being a supporter of a club

imagine being one of these.......

image.png

Mourinho said in July that Pogba got better as the World Cup progressed because the stakes only got higher and higher, whereas the ups and downs of the club season caused him to lose focus.

"I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him," Mourinho told ESPN FC. "It's about him giving the best he has to give. I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give the best.

"Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

"During a season, you can have a big match then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration, then comes a big match again."

That was just a fancy way of saying 'when you compare how Pogba played in the world cup to how he plays for me don't blame my dead philosophy and tactics, it's all Pogba's fault' 

In February, Mourinho also appeared to aim a dig at Pogba in his praise of McTominay following an FA Cup tie with Huddersfield.

"I think maybe it's because he [McTominay] is this kind of kid profile," he said. "A normal haircut, no tattoos, no big cars, no big watches, humble kid, arrive in the club when he was 9 or 10. ... I think the kid deserves a little bit more [recognition]."

He takes no responsibility for anything ever. 

Does he still live in a hotel? That night explain his miserable demeanour. 

As many have said. He should've used the world Cup as a springboard. Made POGBA captain and started phasing out Valencia. 

Alas; No, he takes an opportunity to have a dig when he could've bigged him up massively and done bits to repair the relationship. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...