Air Crashes

VENOM

who watches Air Crash Investigation? the way some tiny mistake causes air crashes. smhcan put a man of flying for good. and there has to be a crash for changes to be madewas watching one about a crash that killed 160ppl in 2006 they crashed in the amazona simple case of an Air traffic controller not seeing that the plane bound for them was 1000ft above the flight plan and the pilot of that plane was resting his feet up in cruise control and accidentally turned off his transponder which wldve warned him.next thing.. blaam. two planes colide and one's wings are sliced. plane dives and breaks up over the ocean! no survivors obviouslythat concorde that crashed in paris, it was just a case of a NUT BOLT that fell off another plane! and that plane it was noticed that the bolt needed changingand the guy who should have changed it just forgot to! shits crazy when u think of how the pple that shd keep u in safety make one silly deadly mistake. then u got the weather to worry about, and f*ck*ng "alqaeda". *considers never flying again*has anyone here survived an air major incident??

I actually panic quite alot about flying even though i fly on a regular basis. I don't want to say to much cause im flying tomorrow so dont want to bring myself backluck. But talking about air crashes, two fighter jets were flying round the hills at arrochar/rest and be thankfull at god knows what thousand of miles pr hour, and like you are mentioning one wing clipped the other, one plane made it back to there base and the other flew into the hill and exploded, needless to say no survivors. But it does frighten me just the thought, that your life depends on several people doing there job properly, and being on the ball at all times.http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews...hter.5425922.jpraf-tornado-pic-pa-227524498.jpg

lol2 the usual foolish bandwagon laughing. the accident involved two planes, one small business jet with 14 on board, and a large passenger 757 with 160. the 757 had its wing sliced and broke up, and the business jet's wings were just damaged and it landed in a military base nearby with everyone surviving.also, wasnt it this year that a pilot landed a 767 with 183 people into a river in NY with everyone surviving, even after all engines failed.go look for alex jones lies you fool since ur too dumb to tell the difference between incident and accident/crash.

on the way to Hondouras there was sh*t loads of turbulance and it was raining pretty bad. Guy next to me started praying, everyone was shook. Plane tried to land and then took off back into the air straight away coz it was too windy/rainy to land. so had to fly around a bit for the weather to clear up a bit and then land.not gunna lie i was scared

ive been in bad turbulence and i was f*ckin shitting iti love flying but i have the odd moment when say the noise from the engine changes and im like "is that supposed to happen?" amd i remember how many thousand feet above the ground i ambut apparently take off and landing are the most dangerous parts - i love take off. the acceleration is nuts and the way the ground just drops away from you is mad, some crazy change in perspective over just a few seconds

Statistically, flying is the safest method of transport. According to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), between 1989 and 1998 UK airlines carried about 700million passengers - and fatal accidents claimed the lives of 56 people. That translates as a one in 12.5million chance of being killed on a UK airline - which compares favourably to the one in 10million chance of being struck and killed by lightning (1).
src: http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/4788/

that concorde that crashed in paris, it was just a case of a NUT BOLT that fell off another plane! and that plane it was noticed that the bolt needed changingand the guy who should have changed it just forgot to! has anyone here survived an air major incident??
I've seen every episode of Air Crash Investigationthe concorde crash was actually caused by a metal strip that was left on the runway, when the concorde was taking off on the runway the metal strip caused a puncture on the tyre which then parts of the tyre hit the under carrage causing a fuel leak, which also hit wires connected to the landing gears that caused sparks.after that accident concorde and major commercial planes were upgraded with reinforced tyres and fuel tank lining made of kevlar (the stuff they use on bullet proof vest)many people have survived major accidents, the worst crash being the tenerife incident which killed 583 people yet people still survived and another incident involving a japanese airline which had a weak bulkhead causing the plane to hit a mountain with impacts equivelient to 16g's yet a few people survived, it was actually recorded as a non survivable crashair travel is actual safe per billion km and billion hours, but fails to be safe per billion journeys yet air insurers use figures for deaths per billion journey

that concorde that crashed in paris, it was just a case of a NUT BOLT that fell off another plane! and that plane it was noticed that the bolt needed changingand the guy who should have changed it just forgot to! has anyone here survived an air major incident??
I've seen every episode of Air Crash Investigationthe concorde crash was actually caused by a metal strip that was left on the runway, when the concorde was taking off on the runway the metal strip caused a puncture on the tyre which then parts of the tyre hit the under carrage causing a fuel leak, which also hit wires connected to the landing gears that caused sparks.after that accident concorde and major commercial planes were upgraded with reinforced tyres and fuel tank lining made of kevlar (the stuff they use on bullet proof vest)many people have survived major accidents, the worst crash being the tenerife incident which killed 583 people yet people still survived and another incident involving a japanese airline which had a weak bulkhead causing the plane to hit a mountain with impacts equivelient to 16g's yet a few people survived, it was actually recorded as a non survivable crashair travel is actual safe per billion km and billion hours, but fails to be safe per billion journeys yet air insurers use figures for deaths per billion journey
C/S everything J.Edgar has said (But Venom almost got it right, it was a strip from another plane). It is a shame they got rid of concorde, since if it wasn't for that accident, it probably would still be flying now. Pisstake is that it wasn't even an error in the plane, as it NOTHING broke off but was debris that caused it.Virgin wanted to buy the remaining british fleet, but the part suppliers were saying they wasn't gonna make parts for it (dun know BA hustled).The tenerife one with the fog was deep, the captain was a d*ckhead.I've watched all the air crash investigations, so many little errors cause major/fatal damage.Are you studying aerospace/aeronautical engineering???

UN plane crash kills 11 in HaitiFriday, 9 October 2009 23:47 UKA United Nations plane has crashed in western Haiti, killing all 11 people on board, UN officials say.The Uruguayan surveillance plane was monitoring the Dominican Republic border as part of its tasks with the UN peacekeeping mission in Haiti.Most of those on board the plane were military officers from Uruguay and Jordan, officials told the BBC.More than 9,000 UN personnel are stationed in Haiti, which has long been ravaged by violence and instability.Police officer Cadostin Marc-Andre told the AFP news agency the plane had been nearing the municipality of Ganthier when it came down.UN spokeswoman Michele Montas said rescue teams had travelled to the area on foot because of the rugged terrain.No survivors were found at the crash site.Officials said the cause of the crash was not yet known but an investigation had been launched.The UN's Minustah mission has been in Haiti since 2004, following the departure of President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.
was thinking there's been more plane crashes than usual this year, then somehow ended up on this http://www.planecrashinfo.com/recent.htm
Aboard: 153 Fatalities: 152Route: Sana'a, Yemen - Moroni, ComorosDetails: The plane crashed into the Indian Ocean, 10 miles off the coast,while attempting a second approach to Hahaya Airport in Moroni. A 14-year-old girl survived the accident. This is the 68th worst accident in aviation history.
some madnesslove flying but just don't trust them, if possible i would rather go the long way by land lol