Scientists claim black people less intelligent than whites in Channel 4 show

Vtec

I think people need to stop kidding themselves that Europeans colonised the world and stole its resources because Europeans were evil. If they didnt do it, other people would have./That's life
lolI'm not crying because it was evil.I'm highlighting the irony of the superiority felt by said countries.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moors who ruled parts of europe and left, didnt destroy european culture, they enhanced it.the chinese and africans were the first people to sail to the americas and they didnt colonise itthe egyptian empire was egypt..they traded with everyone else but didnt colonise everywhere else. the main "empire" ideologies come from europe (starting with the greeks, then romans) and the arabstwo of the most destructive cultures on the planet, and still going at it today
This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think people need to stop kidding themselves that Europeans colonised the world and stole its resources because Europeans were evil. If they didnt do it, other people would have./That's life
the problem is when it was done the other way around e.g when the muslims/moors ran spain they brought culture... Europe falls terribly short in comparison
Other than islam, what exactly did the moors bring to Iberia?

the moors who ruled parts of europe and left, didnt destroy european culture, they enhanced it.the chinese and africans were the first people to sail to the americas and they didnt colonise itthe egyptian empire was egypt..they traded with everyone else but didnt colonise everywhere else. the main "empire" ideologies come from europe (starting with the greeks, then romans) and the arabstwo of the most destructive cultures on the planet, and still going at it today
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the problem is when it was done the other way around e.g when the muslims/moors ran spain they brought culture... Europe falls terribly short in comparison
for a start, there were only two universities when they came. they left (chased away rather and slaughtered) leaving over 30 universitiesmathematics, navigation (yes oceanic navigation) christopher columbus learnt alot from them about sea exploration its not a surprise to think why the first two countries out of the "dark ages" in europe were the main two countries ruled by the moors.i didnt realise this until that thread in the L&L room and did some further research. you will not find such facts on the history channel thoor any channel 4 documentary mind you.

We would be here allday but i will tell you this,if you go into any local library i am sure u will find literature that will tell you the Moors were socially and Scientifically way more advanced than Europeans.Their presence alone was a threat to the church and the way it ran Europe.The roman irrigation system alone was vastly improved and expanded allowing agriculture to thrive.they were so ahead medically and scientifically that the church resorted to calling them sorcerers and claiming their science was based on witchcraft...their law systems and just general way of life was superior in everyway and that is why in the 7 centuries that they ruled the parts of Europe they inhabited they brough nothing but greatness to it..go read up and see for yourself i tell no lies

Guest Esquilax

Beg people just accept that white people are evil and f*cked up the world and we can just move on without making outrageous claims about other ethnic groups doing things first.

The Moors expanded and improved Roman irrigation systems to help develop a strong agricultural sector. They introduced many new crops including the orange, lemon, peach, apricot, fig and pomegranate as well as saffron, sugar cane, cotton, silk and rice which remain some of Spain's main products today.
but yeah they also brought Islam so thank heavens they were defeatedjust joking!!! :lol:

in the book "the day the universe changed" a european historian james burke writes:At first, the land resembled the rest of Europe in all its squalor. But within two-hundred years the Moors had turned Al-Andalus into a bastion of culture, commerce and beauty. "Irrigation systems imported from Syria north africa and Arabia turned the dry plains... into an agricultural cornucopia. Olives and wheat had always grown there. The moors added pomegranates, oranges, lemons, aubergines, artichokes, cumin, coriander, bananas, almonds, pams, henna, woad, madder, saffron, sugar-cane, cotton, rice, figs, grapes, peaches, apricots and rice." (Burke, 1985, p. 37) By the beginning of the ninth century, Moorish Spain was the gem of Europe with its capital city, Cordova. With the establishment of Abdurrahman III - "the great caliphate of Cordova" - came the golden age of Al-Andalus. Cordova, in southern Spain, was the intellectual center of Europe.

@ esquilax then maybe u should just f*ck off since no one wants to laugh at your stupid 'jokes'?and steven, but what did the british do when they went to north america? take slaves from africa!!!it was british descendants who gained from north america, not the africans or the native americans!!it was europeans who gained from the moors, and they left with the cultures intact and enhanced not to wipe out all the europeans already there. big difference. it is not EVIL of the europeans to explore, its what they did with it. this thread and scientists such as this prick in this documentaryare the result of an abuse of knowledge in order to put others down, not enhance everyone. this is what african/oriental cultures were about.a whole attempt to rewrite history and make themselves look superior.

I dont care how you try to justify itOccupation of other peoples land is just wrong and is the sole reason for so much war and tyranny on this planetJustifying what the Moors did is like saying it was ok what the British did when they went to North America.
the difference is between improving the indigenous people's quality of life and wiping them out

I dont care how you try to justify itOccupation of other peoples land is just wrong and is the sole reason for so much war and tyranny on this planetJustifying what the Moors did is like saying it was ok what the British did when they went to North America.
the difference is between improving the indigenous people's quality of life and wiping them out
/Steven's simple mind

So it is okay to invade countries if we improve their quality of life?Do you believe the Iraq war was a good thing? They are going to have democratic voting in the future so surely the Americans and the British have enhanced their lives?

/Steven's simple mind
So the moors never killed anyone?lol :lol:

There should be no my land your land in the first place, but cohesion. If there is my land your land there will always be problems, even if invasions aren't occurring. The problem isn't invasions and upgrading peoples lives, the problem is my land your land. f*ck*ng hell yes its idealistic as f*ck, but thats the only way i see it as being peaceful.i should stop talking now.

Guest Esquilax
Lol you lot are f*ck*ng weird
You hit the nail on the headSome idiots basically believe it's ok when non europeans invade land
Not even thatSome peoples comments make like ViP2 is an episode of 24

of course any invading force will probably kill people. nobody likes to be invaded by a foreigner.of course iraq was not a good thing bcos they used lies to go in there in the first place so again ur comparing two very differnt thingswhat did the europeans do when they went into latin america? completely wipe out the mayan culture claiming it was evil and barbaric.today, we have now seen that they actually had a very advanced system for its time and only now are historians trying to decode textsthat were not destroyed. if you cant see the difference in what happens when in history some people invade compared to others then ur the simpleton.invasion is life like u said, just like a war. but even in wars there are different types of wars.