Stan Kroenke increases his stake to 28.9%

Lenny

April 2007"Why don't we want the American at our club? Call me old-fashioned, but we don't need his money and we don't want his sort. Our objective is keep Arsenal English." October 2009"It does look like he is edging towards a takeover, which I would welcome. I have not asked him if that is what he plans to do, but I am very relaxed about it. If it was to happen, I don't think you can expect any big changes because he seems to like things very much the way they are."peter hill wood<<___

Hill-wood is an old fashioned c*nt. Thought Kronke originally was an Abramovich type of character, then realised he had some pedigree in developing sports franchises and has changed his tune. And to be honest since the invincibles Arsenal hasn't pushed on as much as a global brand as we could of done.Although i'd like us to still be owned by British shareholders Kronke is the lesser of two evils and seems happy to develop the club without being silly with money.

imokroenke is the guy who will come in wont change much (basically no big spending) will be good for p.r will smille and take moneytthe russian is different he is more likely to fundamentally change the way the club is run, more likely to spend, be moody but still take our moneythats why the board r backing kroenke morearsenal need a shake up tbh if there gonna do this nd kroenke aint that guy

has stan talked to wenger at all?i just wanna see the back of the old eton faggots tbh. stan has not really outlined his thoughts to the fansatleast usmanov came and said look in the modern game we will need to spend more money on players and its obvious we need to generate more revenue easiest way is going to asia

It was a question that didnt need dodging...Infact if you want to dodge it, dont turn up or send some to represent you, like Usmanov did...I just found it weird that he's there, not answering questions directed at him, then maybe I'm reading too much into it but when Hill-Wood was speaking for him, his body lanugage didnt suggest he was agreeing with what was being said. Which is fair enough cos Hill-Wood is a a**hole.Something isn't right there still at boardroom level.Wenger and Gazidas spoke well, and both seem to be above whats going on above them and get on with what matters, football and progressing.

Stan Kroenke has purchased another 10 shares in Arsenal's parent holding company, at a cost of some £85,000, to edge closer towards the takeover threshold. The Denver-based sports magnate now controls a stake of some 28.9%, which includes a £765,000 purchase earlier this month.Should Kroenke, or indeed anyone else, such as second-largest shareholder Alisher Usmanov, reach a figure of 29.9%, they would, under the City's financial regulations, be obliged to launch a formal takeover bid.However, when the matter of his intentions for the Premier League club was raised during last week's annual general meeting at Emirates Stadium, the American – nicknamed 'Silent Stan' – chose not to take the opportunity to address the gathered shareholders, with chairman Peter Hill-Wood intervening.Any public statements against future bid intentions must be unambiguous, otherwise the individual or group would, under the Takeover Panel's rule 2.8, be prevented from making a formal move for six months.The latest share dealings were confirmed to the Plus market. "On 26 October 2009, Arsenal Holdings plc (the 'Company') received notification that on 26 October 2009 Stan Kroenke, a director of the company, acquired 10 ordinary shares of £1.00 each in the company at a price of £8,500 per share," a statement read."Taking into account such acquisition, Stan Kroenke has a beneficial interest in, and controls voting rights over, 17,967 ordinary shares in the company, representing 28.9% of the company's issued ordinary shares."http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oc...-arsenal-shares