Should Have Been Banned For Life

Aquaman

That twat chris morgan look at the damage this talentless mug has inflicted on a fellow professional and it was always going to happen cos hes a dirty bastard who does that sort of thing all the time.article-0-06B6BF26000005DC-18_468x311.jpgarticle-0-06D268CF000005DC-580_226x245.jpgarticle-0-06D268D2000005DC-372_228x246.jpgarticle-0-0272AD18000005DC-125_468x350.jpg

Iain Hume searches thoughtfully for an honest answer, rubbing a hand across the top of his head where an 18-inch scar curves around his skull in a horseshoe shape. It begins next to his left ear, carved deep into his scalp above three titanium clips and his temporal lobe. The point of impact.So will he shake Chris Morgan's hand when the two men come face to face next month?'I really, really don't know,' says Hume as he wrestles with his emotions for a few moments.'It's one of those, isn't it. The professional thing would be to say yes. I probably would… but it'd be the quickest handshake in the world.'By a twist of fate, the 25-year-old Barnsley striker will spend the anniversary of the game that so nearly cost him his life preparing to face Sheffield United again.November 8, 2008. Oakwell. The South Yorkshire derby. Hume will never forget that, even though much of what happened next remains a blank.Sky's decision to move this season's corresponding fixture back two days to Monday, November 9, for live television coverage reflects how a parochial affair has grabbed the nation's interest.Hume is unable to discuss Morgan, the Sheffield United captain, any further because the case is heading for the civil courts.But there is no dispute over the fact that Hume was caught by Morgan's elbow as the two men competed for a high ball. The Barnsley player was left with a fractured skull and the shattered bone fragments caused bleeding on his brain with almost catastrophic consequences.It was a far more serious fracture than that suffered by Petr Cech three years ago, although Hume was touched by the Chelsea goalkeeper's offer of advice if he found himself struggling to overcome the psychological effects of his injury.'Even though I'm a league below and a world away from him in football terms, for someone of his stature to offer their hand was massive for me,' said Hume.'I didn't take him up on it. I just needed to do it my way and make my own steps, just as he had to.'Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0U1TzGCOQHe is speaking beneath a framed Steven Gerrard shirt which the Liverpool captain has signed with his best wishes. It is mounted on the wall of the games room in his house near Oldham, opposite an autographed Wayne Gretzky jersey from the ice hockey star. Hume, born in Edinburgh to Scottish parents but raised in Canada, is a huge admirer of both men.When his wife Christine gave him the Gerrard shirt last Christmas, he had to hold back the tears.'I'd like to think he knew who I was and what it was for,' said Hume. 'But if he didn't, I'm still grateful because I've got his signed shirt with my name on it and that means everything.'Christine does not approve of the photos of the injury he kept on his mobile phone, however. He took the first one himself a few days after the operation by holding the phone over his head.'I've got it step by step,' he said. 'One with the staples in, one with the staples out, and once it healed. They show me what I've been through.'When I finally did get the bandage off it wasn't a pretty sight but I was alive. It was an emotional moment to see how much I'd changed. Even though I was swollen, I looked so drained after three or four days without eating a lot of food.'I didn't realise how bad the scar was but it's something I've come to respect. Something that shows how far I've come since that day.It's my mini shark bite. I'm not going to pay money to get plastic surgery to get rid of it. There's no point. It's part of my life, the road I've taken.'A lot of people involved with football are going to know what happened to me, especially when they see a picture. I hope it's not the only thing they remember me for.'Hume also admits he kept footage of the incident on Sky+ for almost seven months, having insisted on seeing it for himself just hours after getting out of hospital.'My wife hated the sight of it,' he said. 'She wanted to delete it right away but she knew I'd want to see it.'I realised I had to. I wanted to know what had happened. I ended up watching it about a hundred times over the first few weeks. But as soon as I started getting better and the scar healed I switched myself off from it. I knew exactly what had gone on, step by step, and it was time to get rid. It didn't need to be there.'Christine has noticed the changes in Iain. A slowness in his speech. Little things like when he began saying 'hotel' instead of 'hospital'.'Don't ask me why,' said Hume. 'I know a hospital is a hospital. But I'd say hospital a hundred times and then come out with hotel.'I know I'm not as sharp and quick with my speech as I was before. I was quite bright with what I was saying. I'd remember so many more words. My grammar was a lot better.'They told me it could take years before I'm completely mended on the inside but that's something I've come to accept.'Christine has noticed it. Nothing major. Just little things in conversation where I forget a word or what I'm doing. I'd say 98 per cent of me is back to normal but there's that
pics speak louder than any words tbh but u can read the rest http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...kept-alive.html