Official Cooking Thread

neeko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah, fried dumpling (only thing I can actually recognize on that plate)
AckeeCalalooBoiled/Fried DumplingYamGreen Bananaand a UFO
Thats y I gained weight when I went JA. All that stodge for breakfast, boiled AND fried dumplings AND yam, ffs man. But I wld jam it all, mmmmmmm. Does look un appetizing(f*ckin sp?) but its good!

Guest Flat Ericó
potatos and pasta on the same plate is a crime.
f all that man will eat rice potato and pasta together if thats what is there
Long for coordination

Guest Flat Ericó
Long for coordination
Pastas meant to be a carrier of other flavours though, not an accompliment.just saying.
who gives a sh*t wot its 'meant' to be

Guest Lemons
Long for coordination
Pastas meant to be a carrier of other flavours though, not an accompliment.just saying.
who gives a sh*t wot its 'meant' to be
LLoyd Grossman?

Plantain taste nice, my dad cooks it way to dry though.I wish I could cook cultural dishes. Wanna know how to cook: jerk chicken, dumpling, proper plantain, jollof rice, pilau, chapati, chicken korma/tikka, prawn biriyani, naan, prawn/chicken satay, red thai curry, proper coconut rice........ to name a few.If anyone has any decent recipes of any of the above drop them please.

Guest Lisa Turtle

jollof rice is my speciality,i've noticed that caribbeans like their plantain proper soft and oily. cant stand it that way. need to make sure the oil is super hot so it stays firm when its cooked.

Guest Lisa Turtle
i prefer it soft stillwith jeloff and chicken cooked by someone else obv coz i aint on that level yet
thats my dinner tonightbeen marinading my chicken for 30 hours./dstructo dont get it twisted, when i get plantain i like it ripe, just not over ripe. when its not ripe enough its too hard.when its still kinda green thats when you can make plaintain crisps with it*drools*

jollof rice is my speciality,i've noticed that caribbeans like their plantain proper soft and oily. cant stand it that way. need to make sure the oil is super hot so it stays firm when its cooked.
hmmmmakes senseu affys like that hard stiff back plantain.
u affys u kno..ard plantain >>no homo

tbh my skills reach to the exstent of opening a packet and pressing the microwave button ..yip and even then i hate cooking ....cooking is a chore only to be undertaken when the cupboards are bare and you have to devise something edible out of marmite some tuna chunks and a wierd lookig brown substance at the back of the fridge that defies all chemisrty lessons at school about solids gases and liquids cause its all 3......yes i will make someone a great wife one day he he he