Official Cooking Thread

neeko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it means you put about a cup of oil in a pan and raw rice and fry it for a bit, thats hardly frying

cos it doesnt cook that way, the way it cooks is to keep adding a bit of water every few mins.

LOL do not try this at home or at all

large amouts of hot oil and any form of water dont mix lol

• Upvote 1

Reggae Reggae Salmon taste so damn nice, and its so easy to make.

spiced salmon is the shizzle

also try nandos marinade - keep adding more as you grill and the sauce dries/thickens

also sometimes use a bunch of spices (pretty much tandoori masala mix) and lemon juice

Nandos Sweet n Sticky marinade is one of the nicest marinades I've ever picked off a shelf.

for safety reasons i must issue a disclaimer

i only mentioned deep frying rice, i mentioned no adding of water to a pot of hot oil.

Superstition, You need to add more oil so it completely covers the rice, like You would with water if You were boiling it.

Superstition, You need to add more oil so it completely covers the rice, like You would with water if You were boiling it.

If you did this for any length of time it would smoke, burn and blacken very quickly. Rice does not absorb oil and fluff up like it does with water. Any fried rice recipes, even deep fried rice cakes and such, need the rice to be cooked in water first. Some people coat dry rice in oil before boiling it, but still the cooking occurs when the rice is boiled in the (non-oil) liquid. Dry rice kernels under high direct heat will give you something resembling the above pic

• Upvote 1

Guest WAVESURFER

Deep frying rice in oil, and then flinging in water?

Good way to get third degree burns and maybe burn your house down, but I dunno if it tastes any good. Someone try it and report back.

• Downvote 1

I know of this method of cooking rice

Oil,

Onion, Garlic, Seasoning, Rice

Fry it until u can smell the onion and garlic cooking...then add boiling water and let the rice boil...obvs u turn the fire down

I was skeptical until I watched her do it a million times

Some European girl taught me how to do it....

Works fine, rice is quite nice aswell