Official Cooking Thread

neeko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ideally a cast iron griddle pan, though any heavy-based frying pan/skillet will do in a pinch, long as it handles high heat

I keep steak simple, tenderize, cake them in salt and pepper, throw on some herbs if you like (light touch). Get the pan red hot and fry them in butter and/or oil. Quickly sear the edges then fry 3-4 mins each side (rare- about 2 mins). Ideally you'll only be flippin them once. Don't be afraid of a little redness inside

Take the meat out to rest, and dash red wine/balsamic to cook with the juices for a couple mins, drain this gravy over the steak amongst some fried onion and mushroom. Or ignore all that and insert your fave steak sauce/side

altho Jack Daniels BBQ/steak sauce is not the same one used in TGI iirc

• Upvote 2

tbh oiling the steak >>>> oiling the pan

then stick it into red hot dry pan.

i also prefer using my tefal to cook steaks rather than the griddle, although char marks look nice.

its also nice if you rub the steak with a peeled clove of garlic while its cooking, makes a huge difference.

• Upvote 2

Man goes 'ard on the midnight meals ya kna

316xj4g.jpg

2ag9qhf.jpg

Chicken breast burgers. Marinaded in Reggae Reggae sauce, grilled, topped with hot sauce then a layer of lettuce then mayo. In 50/50 buns (store didn't have wholemeal when I copped).

Potatoes (chips). Lightly fried, thinly chopped (so they cook quicker, usually I make em thicker and fry them for longer).

Lettuce on the side.

Sauces: hot sauce (Encona), ketchup (Heinz), mayonnaise (Hellmans).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

lol, I can see this isn't gonna get old too soon

/

I wanna cut red meat out of my regular diet, just make it an occasional thing. I'm used to including chicken and salmon, but tbh I'm lost for what dishes of other meat/fish. Can you guys recommend some names of other dishes that are nice that don't include chicken/salmon/red meat?

@ respel, make this a oen off out of Your many steaks.

reccomend mixing oil and milk like 70£ oil 30% milk, try it on one steak, it's what i did with the steaks i showed, makes it bare softer and less chewy