CASH MONEY UK

PopT

i mentioned this in the jay sean thread, and no replies. thinking of it as cash money and not just a uk label. giggs. (south beats suit him)bigz need to think of some others. as a uk label (backed by cash money)there r a bunch of good tallented artists out there with the right machine could do real well.but i dont now how real this cmb uk is right now. need to see more movement.

Cash Money UK would have to decide first on if they are signing and promoting artists for revenue in the UK or to takeback to America.It cant be both when doing hip hop.If they are doing it for the UK, then they better get some UK staff that understand the market.If they doing it for the US, none of the artists mentioned above need apply, except maybe Darren B cos he's RnB.

Cash Money UK would have to decide first on if they are signing and promoting artists for revenue in the UK or to takeback to America.It cant be both when doing hip hop.If they are doing it for the UK, then they better get some UK staff that understand the market.If they doing it for the US, none of the artists mentioned above need apply, except maybe Darren B cos he's RnB.
AGREE with this 100%also a lot of the artists applied. couldnt really make actual songs for radio play and last longer then 1 maybe 2 albums. road rappers with good 16's / mixtapes wont cut it

AGREE with this 100%

Giggs is signed already.Plus IMO lyrically he couldnt stand next to man over there, pointless saying south beats suit him cos he cant do south beats better than south artists, he'd need a serious mentor.
music dont work like that, if gigs puts a single out and they like it they will buy itgucci , plies airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbut on this cash money uk ting... i see the vision for kano

Guest Triple XXX

Cash Money is a death label doeBrisco has been comin out since 05Glasses Malone since 07Mannie Fresh left coz he wasnt gettin paidJuvenile left coz he wasnt gettin paidn that alternative singer woman i forget her name left coz she wasnt gettin paidBow Wow n 2 pistols have signed aswell

Giggs is signed already.Plus IMO lyrically he couldnt stand next to man over there, pointless saying south beats suit him cos he cant do south beats better than south artists, he'd need a serious mentor.
music dont work like that, if gigs puts a single out and they like it they will buy itgucci , plies airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbut on this cash money uk ting... i see the vision for kano
While to an extent I agree, I'm talking about a credible authentic act, putting out one decent song doesnt make you credible in the States or else Dizzee would be over there already (Fix Up Look Sharp), even Jay Sean will admit at this point the song "Down" is bigger than "Jay Sean", its his body of work which while determine how long he stays in the game. Giggs couldnt outdo Gucci or Plies in the SOUTH, are you stupid. Lyrically neither are amazing, but just no.Kano can work, cos he can spit, some what understands melodies (not rocknroll tho), but again when he was on 679 and they sent him to America and most of the industry people I met said they could "smell he wasnt street" immediately.Anyway from what I know Cash Money was thinking about signing The Pheonix, whatever or whoever that is...

Kano can work, cos he can spit, some what understands melodies (not rocknroll tho), but again when he was on 679 and they sent him to America and most of the industry people I met said they could "smell he wasnt street" immediately.
when you say industry people, do you mean other artists or people who work for record companies?

Kano can work, cos he can spit, some what understands melodies (not rocknroll tho), but again when he was on 679 and they sent him to America and most of the industry people I met said they could "smell he wasnt street" immediately.
when you say industry people, do you mean other artists or people who work for record companies?
Both and more than 10. Plus Kano did a show with Juelz, so all of his people them who are use to listening to the English accent cos of the sas, was like yeah dude can spit, but he move funnystyle.

Tf what u fail to undestand is Giggs is differentToo us he may sound like the average uk rapper.... but to americans he sounds different i.e. sas they wasnt ur avergae harlem spitter cause of the accent, so if he goes to america they wont contrast him to gucci mane or plies due to his voiceand a next ting is birdman aient signing a act that can just appeal to south, people like plies are not just big in the south their big all over thats why he does well in charts, i think giggs can make that commerical track that will cross over BUT SAYING THAT i dont think he can fit that cash money imaige

Tf what u fail to undestand is Giggs is differentToo us he may sound like the average uk rapper.... but to americans he sounds different i.e. sas they wasnt ur avergae harlem spitter cause of the accent, so if he goes to america they wont contrast him to gucci mane or plies due to his voiceand a next ting is birdman aient signing a act that can just appeal to south, people like plies are not just big in the south their big all over thats why he does well in charts, i think giggs can make that commerical track that will cross over BUT SAYING THAT i dont think he can fit that cash money imaige
Your misunderstanding me, I didnt say it would be a contrast between the two, I said its pointless saying south beats suit Giggs so he should go to the south or be on a southern label... cos he cant do south better than southern artists, I been down south (pause) its a lifestyle, you got out there and your lucky to hear New York rappers from ANY cars, so he'll never ever get a buzz like Gucci in the south, same way Gucci I doubt will ever have a buzz here like Giggs.Giggs is a average rapper in the whole scheme of rapping worldwide imo. Gucci too, again is average imo, but he works in the south cos he got a locked wave down there and then has spread out.Giggs has a wave here too but I cant see the wave that Giggs is currently doing crossing out into other countries, because in the UK especially with hip hop/rapping we tend to celebrate artist who's sound is VERY ENGLISH, which ultimately limits them to just England, and England, from a music industry point of view, isnt a hip hop country.

Your misunderstanding me, I didnt say it would be a contrast between the two, I said its pointless saying south beats suit Giggs so he should go to the south or be on a southern label... cos he cant do south better than southern artists, I been down south (pause) its a lifestyle, you got out there and your lucky to hear New York rappers from ANY cars, so he'll never ever get a buzz like Gucci in the south, same way Gucci I doubt will ever have a buzz here like Giggs.Giggs is a average rapper in the whole scheme of rapping worldwide imo. Gucci too, again is average imo, but he works in the south cos he got a locked wave down there and then has spread out.Giggs has a wave here too but I cant see the wave that Giggs is currently doing crossing out into other countries, because in the UK especially with hip hop/rapping we tend to celebrate artist who's sound is VERY ENGLISH, which ultimately limits them to just England, and England, from a music industry point of view, isnt a hip hop country.
cool gbut pause this is a dumb topic... i just clock who said they aient gnna signed not rock band or singers