Armed police to permanently patrol Britain's streets

Grafter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good
im suprised they havent dont this already, if theres violent criminals out there with guns then the guys enforcing the law should logically have the better weapons.
One of the biggest arguements for gun control in this country is that our police force does not promote carrying firearms themselves.When "violent criminals" are on the street police radio through for an armed response within minutes.We know they will start by sending out armed police in certain areas and then quickly the whole of Londons police will be carrying guns and then the attitude will be "well all police might as well be armed".It's a scary prospect that this is the most watched country on the planet, our police continue to infringe our human rights and then we arm them. You might believe that CCTV and armed police are there only for criminals, and they might be, but what happens if somebody like the BNP comes into power or the current government decides to enforce some new laws which we do not like?Like Thun said...police in this country cant even be trusted WITHOUT guns....let alone with them.

i aint gonna go into a debate about whether the police and the government actually have the people's best interest at heart because they probably dont.....but this specific case, u aint gotta worry about police bein armed unless ur somone who is gonna be running from/fighting the police and/or carrying a gun....but i suppose it wont be that simple cos if they got guns they can just stick em in anyones face just like police in america.

i aint gonna go into a debate about whether the police and the government actually have the people's best interest at heart because they probably dont.....but this specific case, u aint gotta worry about police bein armed unless ur somone who is gonna be running from/fighting the police and/or carrying a gun....but i suppose it wont be that simple cos if they got guns they can just stick em in anyones face just like police in america.
Or running for a train/generally trying to make your way home.

Thing is there rules of engagement are gonna be extemely strict, its gonna be more of a visual deterrent, people are hyping like heads are gonne be getting for topped for playing knock down ginger.
Like the rules of engagement with Menezes?No thanks
considering that was down to bad intelligence, stupidity on Meneze's behalf and being a day after a failed bombing attempt on the tube it is not really the same is it.

Thing is there rules of engagement are gonna be extemely strict, its gonna be more of a visual deterrent, people are hyping like heads are gonne be getting for topped for playing knock down ginger.
considering that was down to bad intelligence, stupidity on Meneze's behalf and being a day after a failed bombing attempt on the tube it is not really the same is it.
Its even worse as this was a massive operation Meneze was not stupid for running away from thugs with guns as i think most people would do that in his position

Its even worse as this was a massive operation Meneze was not stupid for running away from thugs with guns as i think most people would do that in his position
personally i think running away from guys with guns shouting "police stop" going towards a train with a bag on your back after what has just happened is pretty stupid.

boy heard about this about them having straps on bikes so they can chase guys down narrow alleys and estates all im saying is f*ck that sh*t so19 have already killed many guys who were innocent in their armed response tinglike the white bloke at the end of my road feds thought he was carrying a shot gun but it was just woodand that mad black man they shot dead who had a toy gunand of course jean charles

personally i think running away from guys with guns shouting "police stop" going towards a train with a bag on your back after what has just happened is pretty stupid.
They never warned himI believe the public who witnessed the event then the police who are covering up there murder
Menezes police 'gave no warning'Armed police fired on Jean Charles de Menezes without shouting any warning, witnesses have claimed at an inquest.Passenger Rachel Wilson said she thought the officers were terrorists when they shot dead the Brazilian at Stockwell Tube station on 22 July 2005.Firearms officers have told the inquest there were several warning shouts of "armed police" before shots were fired.Mr de Menezes, 27, was killed by police who mistook him for one of the failed 21 July 2005 London bombers.'Covered in blood'The inquest has been told a surveillance officer had positively identified the electrician as Hussain Osman.She and her boyfriend Ralph Livock had been sitting opposite Mr de Menezes in a Tube carriage on the day of the shooting when officers boarded, the inquest was told.Ms Wilson said nothing had been said to alert her that the men were plain-clothes officers and that she initially thought they were just messing around. "Then I thought they were terrorists and it was only when I left the carriage and somebody moved me gently out of the way that I figured they must be good guys," Ms Wilson added.Nicholas Hilliard QC, counsel to the inquest, asked her: "Specifically, did you ever hear anybody shout 'armed police'?"Ms Wilson answered: "If I had heard that, I would have thought they were police, so no."Only after the shooting, when she saw she had blood on her hands, did she realised how serious the incident was, Ms Wilson added. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7699657.stm