Is the media true about excessive drinking on the rise?

Eskay Jones

I dont drink but im curious from those who know is it true when the media states a increase in crime related to excessive alcohol, also binge drinker issues etc etc. Are there anybody who intentionally goes out on a friday/saturday to get to the stage where they cannot remember their own name?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont drink but im curious from those who know is it true when the media states a increase in crime related to excessive alcohol, also binge drinker issues etc etc. Are there anybody who intentionally goes out on a friday/saturday to get to the stage where they cannot remember their own name?
I have got to this stage many times but I do not intentionally go out with that in mind. I go out to have a good time and i drink hard but not the point where I can't be responsible for my own well being, but like i said it does get their sometimes.To answer the other question drunkenness goes hand in hand with violence in most peoples cases so the more people that drink the more alcohol related violence increases, its common sense really. Its like saying the more people smoke the more cancer cases their will be. The media pray on taking a logical conclusion and blowing it up in bold size 24 writing.

I never intend to get absolutely shitfaced and as ive got older i guess my experience has taught me about how much my body can handle. But sometimes i get it wrong and its gets messy. Sometimes i even do a 'tactical chunder' if im feeling really bad. Theres no worse feeling than waking up the next day not remembering how you got home or having to do the 'walk of shame.'

why you always on alex's case though fam
i'm not on anyone's case
well this is awkward. i actually ran in the thread to back you up mate/what brisco?
oh well thanks, i appreciate it.@dibby, peroni gran reserva gets you fuuuuuuked!!!!!

Guest Esquilax

coming back from a gig last night, some rihanna looking ting was sick in the train, and the propulsion of the train caused all the sick to drip down the carriage. then when she tried to get off the door shut on her head. things like that is why i have never been/ never will get drunk

I've been trying to do this so I can enjoy these 'student' nights but you get to a point when you just don't want to.
lol @ not wanting to do it, it's compulsory to enjoy some of these nightslol @ not having your face slumped in a chicks breasts at 2amowwwwwwwwwdisclaimer, this is not me atmanti-owwwwwwwwwwhowever my face is slumped in a plate of rice and chickenowwwwwwwwww

lolyeah DKY there's some next stories I'm hearing in Bristol, but I'm only ever planning to get shitfaced around a decent set of people who will look after me if things get messy, same as doing drugs or whatever that I've never taken before - only around friendsthing is all these guys have their drunk stories, I've never had that lol, I don't wanna end up dead on the pavement with sh*t leaking from my mouth, just wanna be one of 'those' guys like once - it's like I've been drunk, but I've always been way too concious of it, I've never thrown up from drinking, although yesterday I felt like it after downing about half a bottle of Malibu (and still not getting drunk)