Nile Ranger

Taurus

Ranger was right in regards to the sentiment of what he was saying. But I agree with TF that he was the wrong player to be saying it though.

I am someone who couldn't be more against supporters booing the shirts, however when supporters are transformed into consumers and customers its no surprise that this type if thing is becoming more and more common. So in essence the things the guy was saying went against what I believe, but I understand why he felt that way.

It's just what happens now. There's a old guy in his 60's who stopped going to Old Trafford and started coming to FC a couple years ago after United drew 2-2 with West Brom, he got into a argument with a load of fans who were saying that it was there right as "paying customers" to boo if they didn't like what was going on. He said its not something that should happen at Old Trafford. He asked them if they were supporters before customers or the other way round, they started going in about the price of the ticket and lack of fan involvement and regard and said they were now customers before anything else. He said he couldn't argue with that and decided that was his last game. Sign of the times really.

(Only bothered mentioning that as every time the guy see's me he tells me the same story and its relevant to this)

• Upvote 2

The Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on suspicion of rape, it was reported today.

Police received a complaint from a woman who alleged that she had been sexually assaulted by the footballer in a Newcastle hotel, according to a report in the city’s Evening Chronicle newspaper.

“The crime is said to have taken place overnight between Wednesday into Thursday at a hotel in Jesmond,” it said in an online report.

The 21-year-old was arrested at his home in North Tyneside last night and taken to Wallsend police station, where he is still being questioned.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: “On Thursday, January 24, a woman reported to police that she had been raped overnight at a hotel in Jesmond.

“A 21-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Forest Hall on suspicion of rape.”

The forward, who has played for England under-19s, is currently on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.