PS3 FUCKED!!!

Ephren Taylor

recovery425ps3.jpg
"It appears that firmware 2.50 also added one other feature, meant to help PS3 owners that are trying to troubleshoot their system. A recovery menu (pictured above) gives users access to a variety of restore features. It will even allow users to install a new firmware update, should anything go wrong during the installation process. To access the menu, you must hold down the power button to turn on the PS3 until you hear three beeps. Then the menu will show up."

great minds think alike. I've been trying to do the recovery menu thing for the last 10mins but i can't seem to do it.only managed to do it once mooooonths ago by accidnet*edit*nah its defintely bricked. I'm doing it correctly. gettin the 2beeps, but then it jumps straight into the system update again (only to fail at 62%)flop.

The repair process is some long ting.. theyre telling me 2weeks.. Must have nuff to fix..Warranty is done aswell so not looking forward to that bill.. How can sony get away with making p off people like this..they should replace/repair ALL mechanical failures FREE as a matter of principle...rebuild confidence in the consumer n sh*t
Just because it's out of warranty doesn't mean they are not legally obliged to sort it.It has to be fit for purpose.If it breaks after a year through no fault of yours, it isn't fit for purpose.My MP3 went bust a year outside its warranty. I wrote to Sony and quoted all the statutory sh*t and they sent me a new one no qualms.Know your rights rudeboy

boyyed it..1st, they tryed swapping my launch model (A) with an "L", as if I wouldnt notice.yo bossman, this isn't my ps3"............"oh we've given you a brand new one"only 2 usb ports, not backwards compatible, no card reader.. I said naah fam.. come better than that pls..Had to settle for an 80gb "E" I got a squeeze with the warranty though. I purchased 3 months cover, then took my unit in for repair the day after.. I told them the SONY shop where I bought the cover said it would be ok. dropped just in time for MW2

mine died last week aswell.but its not even turning on, 1st time it blew the fuse on the plug. changed the fuse, it blew it again...opened her up, thinking it was the switch box ting so bought a new one off ebay still dont work, so thinking its the power supply...but im way to impatient to buy a new power supply and MW2 drops in couple hours so just guna get the new slim with the game.it was the shitty 40gb, 2 usb ports anywaysi dont care, not guna go out for ages.