Certified OG Sacked For Telling The Truth

Beavis

A few days ago came out with the truth and said that LSD is safer than alcohol, now all this sh*t is happening

The Home Secretary Alan Johnson is considering sacking his top expert drugs adviser following criticism of the government's decision to reclassify cannabis.Professor David Nutt, who chairs the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, yesterday accused ministers of devaluing and distorting evidence by their decision to move the drug back up to Class B from C last year (see my previous post, Scientists v Politicians: Round 3).An e-mail sent to the BBC by an official in the Home Office this morning says that "yesterday's coverage may have some serious repercussions for Prof Nutt and his position as chair of the ACMD".The note goes on to say "discussions are being had (at) a very high level regarding this issue and a decision will be taken early next week."Professor Nutt knew nothing about the moves to dismiss him when I spoke to him earlier today, but seemed resigned to the possibility. "They are bound to be considering that," he told me, "thinking about the least worst option.""I think the issue is whether I am straying into the realm of policy," he suggested. "I personally don't think I was."A source in the Home Office tells me that "the writing is on the wall" for the scientist, although no decision has yet been made.On last night's Question Time, the former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith was asked about Professor Nutt's view that the process by which she increased the penalties for cannabis possession last year was "highly politicised".Dimbleby: "You don't have much time for the head of the advisory council..."Smith: "Frankly, no."Dimbleby: "Why not?"Smith: "I think, actually, this foray into policy is not what his job is about. His job is to advise and my job as home secretary was to decide."If Alan Johnson does sack the professor, there is likely to be a strong reaction from some in the scientific community who may well argue that this is an attempt to silence independent academic discussion.However, the online Sun columnist Jon Gaunt argues that the expert advisor has overstepped the mark:"It's perfectly acceptable for Nutt to have these discussions in the cosseted world of academia but it is totally irresponsible for him to pontificate in public and in his position as Drug Tsar. He must be sacked immediately."Also appearing on Question Time last night, Liberal Democrat MP Lembit Opik, accused Jacqui Smith of bowing to a tabloid agenda when it comes to drugs policy."What's the point of paying people to give you expert advice if you then run your government policy through the red tops?"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/ma...faces_sack.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy is a certified Badman.Just heard him talk on Sky News, every syllable was the truth, seckled the newsreader differently.Even drugs charities are coming out in support of this guy.Some of his quotes:"Making (horse) riding illegal would completely prevent all these harms - this attitude raises the critical question of why society tolerates - indeed encourages - certain forms of potentially harmful behaviour but not others" - comparing horse riding deaths to ecstasy."We have to accept young people like to experiment - with drugs and other potentially harmful activities - and what we should be doing in all of this is to protect them from harm at this stage of their lives""I think the precautionary principle misleads, it starts to distort the value of evidence and therefore I think it could, and probably does, devalue evidence. This leads us to a position where people really don't know what the evidence is. They see the classification, they hear about evidence and they get mixed messages." - on de/reclassification."Alcohol ranks as the fifth most harmful drug after heroin, cocaine, barbiturates and methadone. Tobacco is ranked ninth, Cannabis, LSD and ecstasy, while harmful, are ranked lower at 11, 14 and 18 respectively."

This goes to show that all them scientists, professors and advisors to government who are on the pay roll have to agree with them even if it defies science otherwise you will get sackedJust think of how many aspects of life they control with these paid professors to feed us crap

the government clearly has its own agenda with regards to drugs and their classificationthey have to keep these backwards beleifs as their policiesif they listened to some of these scientists....how could they justify selling alcohol? but then if they didnt, so much money would be lost

the government clearly has its own agenda with regards to drugs and their classificationthey have to keep these backwards beleifs as their policiesif they listened to some of these scientists....how could they justify selling alcohol? but then if they didnt, so much money would be lost
Also there would then be illegal alcohol sales and a large amount of pissed off people.

Guy is a certified Badman.Just heard him talk on Sky News, every syllable was the truth, seckled the newsreader differently.Even drugs charities are coming out in support of this guy.Some of his quotes:"Making (horse) riding illegal would completely prevent all these harms - this attitude raises the critical question of why society tolerates - indeed encourages - certain forms of potentially harmful behaviour but not others" - comparing horse riding deaths to ecstasy."We have to accept young people like to experiment - with drugs and other potentially harmful activities - and what we should be doing in all of this is to protect them from harm at this stage of their lives""I think the precautionary principle misleads, it starts to distort the value of evidence and therefore I think it could, and probably does, devalue evidence. This leads us to a position where people really don't know what the evidence is. They see the classification, they hear about evidence and they get mixed messages." - on de/reclassification."Alcohol ranks as the fifth most harmful drug after heroin, cocaine, barbiturates and methadone. Tobacco is ranked ninth, Cannabis, LSD and ecstasy, while harmful, are ranked lower at 11, 14 and 18 respectively."
lol Funny yet horse riding is actually used as therapy both emotionally and physically with very positive feedback and proof. But its over these shallow swimmers minds, ifs for those deep divers who can then still see clearly.While the facts are there in black and white about the drugs, just shows how ignorant he is to even mention this, Horse riding is an extreme sport, which is exactly why it is ilegal for under 16s not to wear protective clothing while riding a horse, YOU are obliged to ride horses with the correct safety equipment, what safety equipment does your AVERAGE extacy user take out on them on a night out to prevent being hurt/killed.Really annoying when someone who knows nothing about horses, but read some stastics about the amount of deaths from horse riding, and lets look at who actually caused this accident in the first place a reckless teenager speeding round corners Driving on single track roads out in the country crashing into the back of riders, sometimes children and killing not only the horse but the mother leading pony and the f*ck*ng child on the horse. STUPID f*ck*ng PRICKS! ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM TAKE POWERFULL CARS OF STUPID LITTLE BOYS WHO THINK BEING A GOOD DRIVER IS DRIVIN FAST AND RECKLESS AND KILLING PEOPLE AND THERE LOVED ONES!

Lol @ people getting happy about this guy though. Next thing you'll hear is people on here saying them old school bullshit sayings like "weed clear out your lungs." I don't agree with smoking and drinking, but it pays taxes and i am happy them drunk fools and the smelly finger tip people have to pay high tax. I think the tax should be doubled so i can pay less for petrol tbh.Would any of you let your children (daughter and son) smoke weed, take lsd or take extacy?