Underground Urban to Brit-Pop??

Tirunih

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/0...ppy-tinchy-taioA very long read , whether you want to read it's strictly up to you.This article basically praises the way the new generation of urban artists have been able to have successive hits in the charts, and they look far from complacent. Now there is talk of the new brand of urban music being the new Brit pop or even Brit Hop. I feel the reason why there is more success and fan base around those artists is because... it's actually about the MUSIC and the mainstream fans. Before it was about where they're came from and they came across more aggressive( like with so solid ect)Whether you like it or not, Dizzie Rascal HAS opened doors for people like Tinchy and Chippy and right now they are doing fantastic.For the first time i feel as if Urban music is progressing and is getting decent exposure and respect,I also feel as if it's been accepted not only by the British public but by the media as well. You may agree or not but these people are getting crazy amounts of exposure/gig money/radio play and chart success and are being branded as URBANTinchyJLSChippyIronikAlexandra BurkeNdubzTaio CruzDizzie Jay SeanThe next step is who do you see joining that list and being as successful..Something good is deffo happening imoCan Urban music become the new Brit-Pop/Hop?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older generation who say never made it successfully weren't willing to comprise themselves totally at the first sign of a record deal unlike some of the ones mentioned in that list.No one is willing to graft like Dizzie first did, then get to a position where you can experiment/ try new things with your style.

All jokes aside the devil most be involved in something because all of those people are shite.
dissagreeand in all fairness ur basically a backpack rapper fan.
How so?& I deteste backpack rap tbh, dunno why people get that impression from me..

Guest No Mark

yawn all these threads are air, face itniggas wanna get rich so will sell their soul for itend off*ck britpopf*ck any grime head who wants to turn bitchwhat happened to getting a real education/job then doing grime for the lovef*ck them dumbass/weakass chumps