Mike Ashley - Newcastle United

Necksta

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6684573.stm

Billionaire businessman Mike Ashley has launched a £133.1m ($263m) offer for Newcastle United football club.

The offer came after the retail entrepreneur said he had bought a 41.6% stake in the Premiership team from Sir John Hall's family for more than £55m.

Apparantly he's gonna bid for the rest of the stake of the club.

Allardyce with bare money >>>>

as ive said a milion timesall these guys want that free moneythat free tv money2/3 will be bought before season startsthen takeovers will be rare in england again

Americans really don't know anything about football. Who in their right mind would want to buy Newcastle? No ammount of money in the world will make Newcastle a succesful club.Nobody wants to play for them. I mean fair enough stupidly high wages are always of high appeal for your modern day player but so also are decent women. Plenty of the former, but none of the latter in Newcastle. What good is having ã150,000 a week floating around when all you've got to spend it on are Jack the fishmonger's eldest daughter and her, incoherant, alcho-pop drinking contemporaries.

The other don't want to sell. Therefore its kinda pointless.
Because they could build a stadium bigger than Old Trafford and fill it every week. And the premiership prize money is ridiculous now. It is literally free money, like Mr Cage said.

• 2 years later...
Ashley takes Newcastle off marketNewcastle owner Mike AshleyAshley bought the club in 2007 but could not recoup the £134.4m he paidNewcastle owner Mike Ashley has ended his attempt to sell the club and will invest a further £20m in the next week.The club confirmed on Tuesday that Barry Moat's bid had fallen through after he failed to meet the £80m price.Moat was the latest in a number of prospective buyers unable to complete a deal for the Championship leaders.Ashley first put the club up for sale in September 2008, withdrew it in December, but announced he wanted to sell again after relegation in May.A Newcastle statement on Tuesday said: "Mike Ashley is totally committed to the future success of Newcastle United and will be focused on gaining promotion back to the Premier League. Mike will put a further £20m into the club this week."At the same time, Chris Hughton was confirmed as the club's permanent manager."Whilst confirming these two matters, Newcastle United now aims to move forward on and off the pitch," the statement continued."The club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season." 606: DEBATEDoes Mike Ashley deserve yet another chance? Probably not however, I will again reserve judgement and see what happens come Januarymrkgw1Mike Ashley bought Newcastle in 2007 for £134.4m but has endured a torrid time in charge of the club following his purchase, culminating in their relegation from the Premier League last season.After making the popular move of replacing Sam Allardyce with Newcastle legend Kevin Keegan in January 2008, support for Ashley nosedived as he and director of football Dennis Wise fell out with Keegan.In September 2008, Keegan resigned and Ashley made a statement announcing he was selling the club, while Joe Kinnear was the surprise choice to take charge of the team.In December 2008, the club was taken off the market but the team continued to struggle in the Premier League, and two months later Kinnear was given leave following heart trouble.With relegation looming, Ashley called on another Newcastle legend to try and rescue the club but former England captain Alan Shearer could not prevent relegation in his eight games as interim manager.Hughton was on the coaching staff throughout and has since guided the team to the top of the Championship after 14 games, but off the field Newcastle have been ordered to pay Keegan's costs in his successful claim for constructive dismissal.
Yeah... but where's the £12M from Milner, £8M from Bassong, £5M from Given..Oh wait, there's more you say.
Newcastle have named Chris Hughton as their permanent manager after he agreed a deal until the end of next season.It brings to an end Hughton's third spell as caretaker boss since joining as a coach in 2008.The 50-year-old has guided the Magpies to the top of Championship in the first season following their relegation from the Premier League in May."It's a very proud day for me to be named as the manager of this magnificent football club," he said."I will be doing everything in my power to get the club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking."Having the unequivocal backing of the players has helped me enormously and I would also like to thank Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron and the rest of the backroom staff who have been tremendously supportive to me this season." 606: DEBATEGive your reaction to Hughton's appointmentThe news came at the same time that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley withdrew the club from the market and promised to invest a further £20m this week.Hughton's latest spell as caretaker boss began in the summer following the club's relegation from the Premier League.The former Republic of Ireland defender and assistant coach had two spells in charge at St James' Park last season, as Newcastle used four managers and were put up for sale for a second time by owner Mike Ashley.But a positive start to the new campaign saw Hughton win successive manager of the month awards as his side mounted a determined promotion push.
:rip:

Hughton doesn't seem like a figure of authority, kinda like Southgate in that sense and I think when it gets difficult these type of managers struggle to keep the dressing room. Championship is stupidly competitive a third of the league could genuinely win it so I think it's a gamble.

TBH I didn't want that Moat to buy the club anyway, nor did I want Shearer as managerBut I swear down if I see Ashley on road, 25 to life ting no longersIm not gonna slew Hughton. He's simply not a manager, but he's been put in that position. Cant really say anymore on the subject, except please get us promoted. But then again you know that fat c*nt will use that as justification to keep him on.Ahh f*ck sake why cant an Arab or Chiney Man buys us

Guest Swiftie
TBH I didn't want that Moat to buy the club anyway, nor did I want Shearer as managerBut I swear down if I see Ashley on road, 25 to life ting no longersIm not gonna slew Hughton. He's simply not a manager, but he's been put in that position. Cant really say anymore on the subject, except please get us promoted. But then again you know that fat c*nt will use that as justification to keep him on.Ahh f*ck sake why cant an Arab or Chiney Man buys us
Coz it's a lose, lose.On Ashley just rocket launch his copter.

Newcastle reveal new stadium name Newcastle United have announced their stadium will be known as the sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium for the immediate future. The news comes after an announcement from owner Mike Ashley that the stadium sponsorship rights were up for offer from prospective businesses. Managing director Derek Llambias told BBC Newcastle: "We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season. "I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season." Ashley angered supporters of Newcastle United late last month when he announced the club's plans to rename the stadium for commercial purposes, having taken them off the market. And Llambias admitted the club could have dealt with the announcement better, but is confident the plans are in the best interests of Newcastle United. "We could have worded it better, and that's why we came out yesterday to explain what we're trying to achieve," he said. "With the renaming it was always going to be whatever brand it was, at St James' Park. For the remainder of this season, we already have sportsdirect.com on the Gallowgate so we'd like to take that branding through the rest of the stadium." Kernowl And Llambias was also keen to express that the existing St James' Park name was to stay a feature of the site, and believes supporters will see a tangible impact if the scheme is a success in the future. "In our reign, absolutely, it's just adding to it," he added. "If it brings in a good chunk of money to the club, that goes straight to the team, it's a revenue we should look at."
lololo

what else do you expect when peter griffin is running your clubsmh
Peter Griffin would've come up with something better than this.However, LOL!
ashley3.jpg
LolI saw this yesterday on SSNthing isalthoguh he is clueless about football, I thoguht Ashley actually...well, didnt WANT to f*ck up the club, he just couldnt help itBut how can he think that this is acceptable