Official Twitter Thread

JDC

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I’ll be that guy. This whole exchange was mad patronising. There are plenty of black boys who aren’t on the road doing foolishness. The majority of them are studying trying to make it out of the ends.

It was no different when I was growing. Most of us just kept our heads down and stayed out of trouble. It was only a small minority on that road life doing nonsense.

I’m sure this guy meant well but it’s making it seem like seeing black boys studying on a Friday night is the exception to the rule. I get he’s trying to counter the media narrative of what we see but it came across as insulting. He could’ve executed this way better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

I guess I’ll be that guy. This whole exchange was mad patronising. There are plenty of black boys who aren’t on the road doing foolishness. The majority of them are studying trying to make it out of the ends.

It was no different when I was growing. Most of us just kept our heads down and stayed out of trouble. It was only a small minority on that road life doing nonsense.

I’m sure this guy meant well but it’s making it seem like seeing black boys studying on a Friday night is the exception to the rule. I get he’s trying to counter the media narrative of what we see but it came across as insulting. He could’ve executed this way better.

If he was sincere he probably wouldn’t even record it. But this is the fake social media era so what else do you expect? 

I locked off the video quickly but those guys could easily just be studying for exams or something. And this ‘Action Jackson’ nobhead is acting like they just discovered penicillin ? patronising is an understatement 

20 minutes ago, ag. said:

If he was sincere he probably wouldn’t even record it. But this is the fake social media era so what else do you expect? 

I locked off the video quickly but those guys could easily just be studying for exams or something. And this ‘Action Jackson’ nobhead is acting like they just discovered penicillin ? patronising is an understatement 

Fam, the fact he said “what can you see?” was just embarrassing. He’s acting like he saw a unicorn fly over the Aurora Borealis during an eclipse.

I don’t know this guy’s true intentions, he could mean well but boy, that seemed contrived. Man said “caught on camera” ya know. ?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Fam, the fact he said “what can you see?” was just embarrassing. He’s acting like he saw a unicorn fly over the Aurora Borealis during an eclipse.

I don’t know this guy’s true intentions, he could mean well but boy, that seemed contrived. Man said “caught on camera” ya know. ?

See sooo much stuff like this on Insta. Everyone is a self help advisor, a philosopher, ‘spiritualist’, activist etc. 

That Action Jackson has been at it for TIME. I remember when I was in school they sent all the black boys on a trip to Brunel, sat us in a lecture hall and wheeled out this Action Jackson character to throw slogans at us. "Eagles fly, chickens fry!" " Etc. 

My school tried their best tbf... There were SO many opportunities looking back. That's when I saw the importance of parenting.

1 hour ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

!!!

Video was mad cringe and all