Celtic's remembrance day shame

Mr.Skeng

From a celtic fan

Not going to get into a debate on the rights and wrongs... Just going to give the facts.Vast majority of Celtic fans don't give two hoots for the British Army due to events in Ireland in the last 40 years...Song they are singing during the minutes silence is called Aidan McAnespie.A song about a young, unarmed Catholic man of no paramilitary organisation killed in cold blood by the British Army in 1988 aged 23 years old.Aidan McAnespie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaLink to the song sang in protest:YouTube - Aidan Mcanespie Charlie and the bhoyshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRwpCfAV7k
Here's a fact - if you want to show some respect go to a Rememberance Day Parade.If you want to go and see a football match between a shite team (Celtic) and a really shite team (Falkirk) and get charged £25 for the honour don't expect to be forced into public shows of mourning.
Also lmao how that yout pissing on the rememberance tings gets front pages, and this is swept under the carpet like it never happened

Why should Celtic fans show any respect though?
respect for the dead, something everyone should acknowledge tbh.
So what you're saying is:Celtic fans should show respect for ded British Army soldiers, despite the fact that they get disgusting sectarian chants shouted at them about dead hunger strikers and young men killed by the British Army everytime they play a protestant team?Cool.I'm not saying what they did was right, but there are 2 sides to a coin.

From a celtic fan
Not going to get into a debate on the rights and wrongs... Just going to give the facts.Vast majority of Celtic fans don't give two hoots for the British Army due to events in Ireland in the last 40 years...Song they are singing during the minutes silence is called Aidan McAnespie.A song about a young, unarmed Catholic man of no paramilitary organisation killed in cold blood by the British Army in 1988 aged 23 years old.Aidan McAnespie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaLink to the song sang in protest:YouTube - Aidan Mcanespie Charlie and the bhoys
Here's a fact - if you want to show some respect go to a Rememberance Day Parade.If you want to go and see a football match between a shite team (Celtic) and a really shite team (Falkirk) and get charged £25 for the honour don't expect to be forced into public shows of mourning.
Also lmao how that yout pissing on the rememberance tings gets front pages, and this is swept under the carpet like it never happened

So what you're saying is:Celtic fans should show respect for ded British Army soldiers, despite the fact that they get disgusting sectarian chants shouted at them about dead hunger strikers and young men killed by the British Army everytime they play a protestant team?Cool.I'm not saying what they did was right, but there are 2 sides to a coin.
SMHSpeaking like they are not just as bad as Rangers fans.Where as the famine song has been banned and fans get lifted for singing it now, Celtic fans are continually allowed to come draped in IRA colours to certain football matches and continually sing pro IRA songs. All in Britain.....They are scum. Just as bad as Rangers if you ask me. Although at least one set of fans has the right idea....

SMHSpealing like they are not just as bad as Rangers fans.Where as the famine song has been banned and fans get lifted for singing it now, Celtic fans are continually allowed to coe draped in IRA colours to certain football matches and continually isng pro IRA songs. All in Britain.....
:/What are "IRA colours"?You mean green, white and gold?

SMHSpealing like they are not just as bad as Rangers fans.Where as the famine song has been banned and fans get lifted for singing it now, Celtic fans are continually allowed to coe draped in IRA colours to certain football matches and continually isng pro IRA songs. All in Britain.....
:/What are "IRA colours"?You mean green, white and gold?
Irish flags with the letters I.R.A embodied through the centre.

Out of respect for men that layed down their lives and helped protect your freedom in these isles.
But a lot of Celtic's fans aren't from these isles.Half of them come over from Ireland and the other half are from the west of Scotland where they didn't have as much "freedom" as people who happen to pray at a different type of church.

Main purpose of Rememberance day is to commemorate the sacrifice of soldiers during WW1.Silly cunts and their chants and cries of Tiocfaidh ár lá have nothing to do with that.

Guest Esquilax

I don't see why people have to be so f*ck*ng difficult all the time.The point of the silence is to remember people that died, people that fought for what they believed in and died, people that had families and children and sh*t.There's some widow out there whose husband got shot in the face on the front line while she sat at home with her newborn baby, how do you think she's gonna feel when she sees that?Far be it from me to involve emotional stuff into this, I try and keep most things subjective, but let's be real now, these fans are cunts and should keep their moronic bullshit for another occasion.

I'm just saying you have to understand why they do stuff like this.
You cant.Because there is no logical reason.They dont live in Dublin from Ireland, (although most of em would love to) They are from Glasgow, in Scotland, within the British Isles. Regardless of what Celtic fans tell you, the majoirty of their support are Scottish, not Irish. Therefore British.

You cant.Because there is no logical reason.They dont live in Dublin from Ireland, (although most of em would love to) They are from Glasgow, in Scotland, within the British Isles. Regardless of what Celtic fans tell you, the majoirty of their support are Scottish, not Irish. Therefore British.
LOLA large number of the fans come over from Belfast for the games. Don't start denying that.@ Esquilax, you're doing it again. Stop getting involved in arguments you don't know anything about.

LOLA large number of the fans come over from Belfast for the games. Don't start denying that.@ Esquilax, you're doing it again. Stop getting involved in arguments you don't know anything about.
Exactly, a large number.Thats it.Are you trying to tell me, that within the 60,000 that go to Celtic Park every 2nd weekend, over half are actually Irish.LOLNo mate, like i said, most Celtic fans actually come from all over Scotland and have no Irish ties or links at all, just cling on the Catholic thing because they believe it should be indented into most Celtic fans anyway.