Celtic's remembrance day shame

Mr.Skeng

I'm just saying you have to understand why they do stuff like this.
You cant.Because there is no logical reason.They dont live in Dublin from Ireland, (although most of em would love to) They are from Glasgow, in Scotland, within the British Isles. Regardless of what Celtic fans tell you, the majoirty of their support are Scottish, not Irish. Therefore British.
LOLA large number of the fans come over from Belfast for the games. Don't start denying that.@ Esquilax, you're doing it again. Stop getting involved in arguments you don't know anything about.
Exactly, a large number.Thats it.Are you trying to tell me, that within the 60,000 that go to Celtic Park every 2nd weekend, over half are actually Irish.LOLNo mate, like i said, most Celtic fans actually come from all over Scotland and have no Irish ties or links at all, just cling on the Catholic thing because its they believe it should be indented into most Celtic fans anyway.
Again, I agree.

Guest Esquilax
Tbf the argument had gone beyond the rememberance day theme
yupimo it's not justifiablereminded me of those guys who picket at american soldier's funerals with their "God Hates Fags" thingno different to me, malicious and unnecessary bile

OK mate we could go back and forth all day but like someone said it's gone a bit beyond the point of the topic.

CELTIC opted for a minute's applause yesterday to mark Remembrance Day amid fears that a more traditional silence would have been disrupted by the home fans.Clubs now routinely encourage applause rather than silence to remember the dead. Celtic fans have warmly applauded the late Jock Stein, their former manager....Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson, who died last month, was remembered with enthusiastic clapping by his club's fans, and his many admirers....A section of Celtic supporters had planned to walk out 10 minutes into the game to show their anger at the symbol, which they see as supporting British imperialism.Fans had been leafleted before the game by an organisation called Cairde Na hEireann a Scottish-based organisation close to Irish republicans which urged fans to congregate beside the statue of the club's founder Brother Walfrid, which stands outside the main door. Only a few hundred fans did so.

I don't see why people have to be so f*ck*ng difficult all the time.The point of the silence is to remember people that died, people that fought for what they believed in and died, people that had families and children and sh*t.There's some widow out there whose husband got shot in the face on the front line while she sat at home with her newborn baby, how do you think she's gonna feel when she sees that?Far be it from me to involve emotional stuff into this, I try and keep most things subjective, but let's be real now, these fans are cunts and should keep their moronic bullshit for another occasion.
LololBe quiet

Guest WAVESURFER

I think someone's f*cked about with the audio on that video, cause from what my mates who were at the game told me, there was only a handful of fans singing. Certainly not the deafening chorus you can hear on that video. Also, some reports I'm seeing on other forums are even saying the vast majority of the singing was taking place OUTSIDE the ground, and the sound was drifting in. So don't take that video on face value.There's been some good points raised in this topic (which surprised me tbh, so well done guys), so I'm not even gonna say much on it. all I'll say is that while I can (sort of) see where these people are coming from, I disagree with their actions 100%. It was totally disrespectful, and it's embarrassing for me as a Celtic fan.That's the type of thing the huns do. We're meant to have a bit more class than that. These idiots are just bringing us down to Rangers' level.For Falkirk to insist on the minute's silence rather than the minute's applause, when it was common knowledge that some Celtic fans were planning on disrupting any silence, was stupid though.

Guest Esquilax
I don't see why people have to be so f*ck*ng difficult all the time.The point of the silence is to remember people that died, people that fought for what they believed in and died, people that had families and children and sh*t.There's some widow out there whose husband got shot in the face on the front line while she sat at home with her newborn baby, how do you think she's gonna feel when she sees that?Far be it from me to involve emotional stuff into this, I try and keep most things subjective, but let's be real now, these fans are cunts and should keep their moronic bullshit for another occasion.
LololBe quiet
What's lol worthy about that?Nothing, that's what, you saw someone else tell me that my opinion is invalid and you're jumping on cuz you don't like me.Pathetic shill

LololBe quiet
What's lol worthy about that?Nothing, that's what, you saw someone else tell me that my opinion is invalid and you're jumping on cuz you don't like me.Pathetic shill
Dry your eyes mateUve run in the thread like uve got all the answers as usual thinking u understand everyones point of viewJust be a bit humble dawgieAbout 'you don't like me', ur sounding real waterlogged rite now

LololBe quiet
Dry your eyes mateUve run in the thread like uve got all the answers as usual thinking u understand everyones point of viewJust be a bit humble dawgieAbout 'you don't like me', ur sounding real waterlogged rite now
beg you shut up.go find some Convert2Islam videos to upload.

As Im not directly affected by 'the troubles' or anything related its easy for me to give my opinion but I dont mean to offend anyone.I have friends from both sides of the divide and to be honest...its all bullshit.Some people cant put the past behind them.Too many people are victims of sectarian abuse, then feel like it justifies doing the same. The cycle repeats.Theres so much hate between countries, races, religions, within religions....