Dead Soldier's Mum Taking The Piss

Guest Esquilax

Guest Esquilax
Gordon Brown has telephoned the mother of a soldier killed in Afghanistan to apologise after apparently misspelling his name in a letter of sympathy.Guardsman Jamie Janes, 20, from Brighton, East Sussex, was killed in an explosion in October.In a video distributed by the Sun newspaper, his mother Jacqui called the letter a "hastily scrawled insult".But Mr Brown said he was sorry "for any unintended mistake", adding that his writing could be "difficult to read".Guardsman Janes, of 1st Battalion The Grenadier Guards, was killed in an explosion while on foot patrol in Helmand province.'Personal sadness'According to the Sun, his mother Jacqui was angry when she received the prime minister's letter of condolence in which he appeared to misspell Guardsman Janes's name as "James".In a statement, he said: "I take very seriously my responsibility to the bereaved.Jacqui Thompson says a letter from the PM helped after her husband died in Afghanistan."Every time I write a letter to mothers and fathers and partners who have suffered bereavement to express my sincere condolences, it is a moment of personal sadness to me. And I am in awe of the bravery and sacrifice of the men and women of our armed forces."I send a handwritten letter to every family and I often write to more than one member of the family."I have telephoned Jacqui Janes to apologise for any unintended mistake in the letter."To all other families whom I have written to, I can only apologise if my handwriting is difficult to read."The prime minister has previously admitted problems with his eyesight after a childhood rugby injury.He added: "I have at all times acted in good faith seeking to do the right thing. I do not think anyone will believe that I write letters with any intent to cause offence."'Debt of gratitude'But Mrs Janes told the Sun that the letter had been "scrawled so quickly I could hardly even read it" and that "some of the words were half-finished".She described it as "disrespectful" and an "insult" to her son.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8349757.stmThe guy, who has one eye and the other eyes dodgy, hand writes this woman a message, and now she's saying it's a insult? f*ck*ng piss take, what an ungrateful bitch.

Guest Esquilax
No its a pisstake im sure the 'prime minister' has better hand writing and could actually spell the guys name right, looks like some quickly scrawlled shopping list.
I'm sure the 'Prime Minister' actually has more important things to be doing other than writing personalised letters to people like this who are just gonna dismiss them because of a letter out of place. M and N are similar aesthetically anyway, and come the f*ck on, he has one eye.He did a very decent thing and has now had it thrown in his face, some next witch hunt for Brown.

No its a pisstake im sure the 'prime minister' has better hand writing and could actually spell the guys name right, looks like some quickly scrawlled shopping list.
I'm sure the 'Prime Minister' actually has more important things to be doing other than writing personalised letters to people like this who are just gonna dismiss them because of a letter out of place. M and N are similar aesthetically anyway, and come the f*ck on, he has one eye.He did a very decent thing and has now had it thrown in his face, some next witch hunt for Brown.
I write the same with one eye closed. say no more.

feel sorry for Gordon Browncouldnt believe it when i heard about itshould be thankful man took the time to write a letter, knowing that his hand writing is appalling, and thats onlly cos hes blindcos hes blind man has to write in felt tip, which makes it worsethe mum is some out of order woman still

I think it's cos it's Gordon Brown.If Obama did it people would find it endearing or something.
i dnt think soi think that they jus wouldnt say anythingits cos they think Gordy is an easy target and The Sun jus contributing to his destruction so the tories win the nex election

i think it's funny that she doesn't even realise that the biggest insult to her dead son is The Sun pretending to give a sh*t. i wonder if she got paid money to have her story published
This, the Sun are just lining brown up, The way they are low enough to take this and use it as ammo in the campaign against him.I swear I don't even know how Gordon Brown has the time to get these letters out the way he works.