Pavlyuchenko sick of the Bench

Guest R9

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko admits he is desperate to leave the club in January.The Russia international has been frozen out at White Hart Lane so far this season, making only six appearances in all competitions, and he fears his lack of first-team football could threaten his chances of playing in next year's World Cup.Pavlyuchenko is currently regarded as Spurs' fourth-choice striker, behind Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch in the pecking order, and Russia coach Guus Hiddink has warned him that his position in the national squad is under threat.Russia have not yet qualified for the 2010 World Cup, but are favourites to overcome Slovenia in a two-legged play-off and Pavlyuchenko is now preparing for showdown talks with manager Harry Redknapp."I want to leave the club," he said. "It is impossible to remain there under the circumstances I find myself in."I have been sitting on the subs' bench for half a year and as a result lost a place in the starting 11 of the national team."And now hopefully we will get to the World Cup - who will rely on a forward who does not play?"I want to play and not just warm the bench."Immediately after the games with Slovenia, my agent and I are flying to London for purposeful negotiations and I want to take part in them personally."The 27-year-old forward was signed for £14million on a five-year deal from Spartak Moscow in August last year, but has failed to get a run in the side since his move.WorriedHe is concerned that the Spurs board may delay negotiations as they look to recoup the substantial fee that they originally paid for him in 2008."I will ask the management to quote a reasonable price for me," he added."Our manager Harry Redknapp does not talk to me on the matter. At the start of the season our manager said that four forwards is exactly the optimal number, but now he states that three is enough."And I am the fourth one so it is obvious that I should part with the club."The only thing that can stand in the way is an unmanageable price. But I will insist on leaving."The important thing now is to reach a compromise that will be suitable for the club and me, and my future club."Pavlyuchenko has been linked with a number of clubs, most recently with a return to Russia to Zenit St Petersburg.
Pool should go for him if they have P, I doubt they do.Back to Zenit he goes.Shame, good player.

harry destroyed him