Rvp injured ?

Afroman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Van Persie was stretchered off during Holland's international friendly with Italy in Pescara on Saturday. The Arsenal striker suffered ankle ligament damage after 10 minutes of the match when he landed awkwardly on his right ankle following a challenge from Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini. Following the care given to Van Persie by the Dutch FA, he will travel back to London this week and continue his treatment with the Arsenal medical team at London Colney. Van Persie will be out of action for approximately six weeks. We wish Robin a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him playing again soon.

RVP: "Some Pum Pum Juice'll Help Heal My Chocolate Leg"

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie wants to be back in action as quickly as possible after suffering an ankle injury playing for the Netherlands at the weekend, and will travel to Serbia to undergo radical treatment involving massage from a placenta.The forward has damaged ligaments in his left ankle and his club have confirmed that they expect him to be out for six weeks.The player wants to be back before then though, and is prepared to try unorthodox methods in order to speed his recovery."I will fly to the Balkans to meet with a female doctor who helped [PSV Eindhoven midfielder] Danko Lazovic," he told Dutch television programme Studio Voetbal."She is vague about her methods but I know she massages you using fluid from a placenta."I am going to try. It cannot hurt and, if it helps, it helps."I have been in contact with Arsenal physiotherapists and they have let me do it."Van Persie holds no hard feelings about the tackle from Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini that caused the injury, and admits that it could have been much more serious."A scan showed that my ankle ligament was almost completely torn off where Chiellini caught me but it was not intentional," he added."I was lucky, it could be worse."

Kieran Gibbs was substituted after 21 minutes of England's European Under-21 Championship qualifier in Lithuania.The Arsenal left-back started the match but was replaced by Ryan Bertrand.Henri Lansbury, currently on loan with Watford, entered the fray with 11 minutes remaining and the scores locked at 0-0.We will have an update on Kieran's injury later this week.

Arsène Wenger admits he was “relieved” when the full extent of the injuries to Robin Van Persie and Kieran Gibbs was revealed.Both collected knocks during international duty, the Dutchman on his ankle, the Englishman on his foot. It was deeply disappointing news but, in comparison to initial reports, the extent of the problems is relatively short-term.“We knew that when Robin came out with this injury, that he would be out for a long time,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online. “But frankly I feared it would be more because the first news was very, very bad. So it was a relief that he would be out for six weeks.“Of course it is a disappointment and something we did not want but I feel we have enough strength to compensate for his absence for a while. It will also allow him to be fresh for when he comes back.“[As for Kieran], our medical staff called me saying he was in hospital in Lithuania with a suspected broken metatarsal. Later on it was much better news. He will still be out for Sunderland but maybe we could have him back for Standard Liege on Tuesday.”