COSTCO SELLING DOLLS,WATS HER NAME?

e.morgan

But you know thats not trueSimilar if there was a doll of a 'typical irish person' that came with an actual size potato.You making the connection between the two does not make YOU racist, it means you are recognising the obvious connotation.So stop playing devils advocate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Esquilax
But you know thats not trueSimilar if there was a doll of a 'typical irish person' that came with an actual size potato.You making the connection between the two does not make YOU racist, it means you are recognising the obvious connotation.So stop playing devils advocate.
Why are you always telling me to stop playing devil's advocate? We'll settle this on Live.Anyway, you agree with me about it not being racist so why are you arguing against me?And your argument is redundant anyway, the doll isn't a "typical black baby" accompanied by a monkey, it's A baby, a lil' monkey, children are little monkeys, they run around n sh*t, it's accompanied by a soft cuddly toy monkey, monkeys are cute fam, kids like that sh*t. Black or white, it's a baby, it's a monkey, quit yer bitchin./e.morgan are you a female, cuz you type like a stupid woman

Why are you always telling me to stop playing devil's advocate? We'll settle this on Live.Anyway, you agree with me about it not being racist so why are you arguing against me?And your argument is redundant anyway, the doll isn't a "typical black baby" accompanied by a monkey, it's A baby, a lil' monkey, children are little monkeys, they run around n sh*t, it's accompanied by a soft cuddly toy monkey, monkeys are cute fam, kids like that sh*t. Black or white, it's a baby, it's a monkey, quit yer bitchin./e.morgan are you a female, cuz you type like a stupid woman
Well I assume you are playing devils advocate when you argue for no real reason and argue something that really, is wrong.The only reason this doll is not racist is because they make black AND white versions.Before I said so, noone in this thread knew there was also a white version marketed.It is also commonly known that it is a racial slur to call black people monkeys, whether that is to imply it directly or indirectly.SoWhen you add that up.A black doll - given the fact that by default, all dolls are caucasian as standard - so the manufacturers have gone out of their way to make this one doll black, paired with a monkey, and the writing 'little monkey' on the babys hatUnless you are extremely slow-witted, you make the connection instantly and without the foreknowledge of there being dolls of both races you would think the implication is clear.So dunno why you are even arguing that people would THINK it was racist on face-value.

Guest Esquilax
Well I assume you are playing devils advocate when you argue for no real reason and argue something that really, is wrong.The only reason this doll is not racist is because they make black AND white versions.Before I said so, noone in this thread knew there was also a white version marketed.It is also commonly known that it is a racial slur to call black people monkeys, whether that is to imply it directly or indirectly.SoWhen you add that up.A black doll - given the fact that by default, all dolls are caucasian as standard - so the manufacturers have gone out of their way to make this one doll black, paired with a monkey, and the writing 'little monkey' on the babys hatUnless you are extremely slow-witted, you make the connection instantly and without the foreknowledge of there being dolls of both races you would think the implication is clear.So dunno why you are even arguing that people would THINK it was racist on face-value.
I'm not saying people won't make the connection, when I saw the Orange/ 4 Music advertisement for Tinchy Stryder with the URL "www.orange.co.uk/monkey" I made that connection, even though it is far, far less obviousI'm saying making a deal of something like this only exacerbates the problem, the association won't die if it keeps being made, conciously or not.

A monkey is an animal not a racial pejorative term, get over it.If white people were being called breadsticks, it wouldn't entirely change the meaning of the name would it?
you know what i was gonna type something to break it down.But there is no point.You either understand or you don't.and you don't. If I see you on COD tonite, SNM
lolololtake iut out on man in quarry.

The idea was very ill-conceived by the marketing managers of the manufacturers. You can tell this isn't made by Fisher Price.

lol @ the white people replying in this thread seeing nothing wrong with it at all. Just typical!!!I'm dam sure they ain't NO white dolls called 'honkie' complete with extra's confirming the racial mindset of whoever has made it.
As I explained, there is a white, and black version of the dollWould you prefer they made the black version WITHOUT the monkey just for the sake of being politically correct?
THIS IS THE WHITE VERSION U f*ck*ng PRICK.pretty-panda.jpg THERES A BIG DIFFERNCEf*ck*ng d*ckHEADIVE NEVER HEARD WHITE PEOPLE RACIALLY INSULTED BY CALLING THEM PANDAS.

Don't need toEither wayIf they don't have a white monkey one, then as I said in the previous page, its an obvious innuendo
NAH I THINK U NEED TO SINCE U JUMPED TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE WAS "A WHITE VERSION"U IMPLIED THAT THERE WAS AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE BLACK DOLL & MONEKY JUST THE COLOUR DIFFERENCEIF ITS THE CASE THAT THERE ISNT A WHITE REPLICA, THEN YOU ARE THE OBVIOUS FOOL FOR WALLOWING IN YOUR IGNORANCESO SNM TBH.

Don't need toEither wayIf they don't have a white monkey one, then as I said in the previous page, its an obvious innuendo
NAH I THINK U NEED TO SINCE U JUMPED TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE WAS "A WHITE VERSION"U IMPLIED THAT THERE WAS AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE BLACK DOLL & MONEKY JUST THE COLOUR DIFFERENCEIF ITS THE CASE THAT THERE ISNT A WHITE REPLICA, THEN YOU ARE THE OBVIOUS FOOL FOR WALLOWING IN YOUR IGNORANCESO SNM TBH.
I don't care for you or your excitementthe person who found the doll wrote to costco to complaincostco wrote back stating that they had both white and black dollsthe person posted it all on the netThats it

costco replied that they had both white and black dolls. that is true. costco didnt say they had the exact replica of doll and monkey for black and white.obviously that statement was meant to pacify idiots like you who wouldnt do any further research.there probably is no white doll and monkey. plain and simple.

Guest Tulse Hill

ffs Venom is back, look how the stupid f*cking prick f*cks up the topicsThis was on 2 pages and dieng without a response for 3 or 4 hoursnow its heading to page 4 with every other post by Venom

if you wouldnt delve into the mysteries of their toy stock then why try and claim peopel are playing a race card?prove that there is a like for like version. as if the monkey chants made to black football players in europe in 2008 were just animal enthusiasts wth no racist connotation. play dead all you like, not everyone will. u are the pathetic one.

The panda one is the one that was released AFTER the monkey was pulled from the shelves11489367.jpgThe same way all 3 racesWHite, HIspanic, Blackare holding the PandaIs the same way there was a multi-race monkey oneThe monkey has obviously been pulled form the shelvesI dont know what your whole incorrect argument has been about, just being a stupid f*ck*ng prick AGAIN I assumeEven if I was wrong, which I could beYour just patheticYour level of excitement over pouncing on what you perceived to be a mistake by me is embarrasing