Only Irishman with Sense speaks

Guest R9

Roy Keane has lambasted the Republic of Ireland's attempts to get their controversial World Cup play-off match against France replayed.The Republic appealed to Fifa after their 2-1 aggregate defeat by France on the basis that the winning goal came after a blatant Thierry Henry handball.But Ipswich boss Keane said: "They can complain all they want but France are going to the World Cup - get over it."France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story."The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it."I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box, where the hell is my goalkeeper?"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy."Ireland had their chances in the two games and they never took them. They had chances at Croke Park (in the first leg) and they had chances on Wednesday. "They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish."And Keane pointed out that controversial decisions went Ireland's way in the qualifying campaign, not least a harsh penalty award against Georgia which helped them to clinch a 2-1 qualifying win in February."There was one match against Georgia where Ireland got a penalty and it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen which changed the whole course of the game."I don't remember the FAI after the game saying we should give them a replay."Keane's antipathy towards the FAI stems back to the Pacific island of Saipan in 2002 when he left the team's pre-World Cup training camp, complaining that the facilities were sub-standard.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Keano>>>Seriously though these paddy's need to get a grip, they've lost the plot, going to the court of of Arbitration and all sortsPathetic :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Keane is a very bitter and angry man. He is only sort of talking sense though.There is a definite difference between a bad decision over a penalty or somebody being fouled etc. than there is between somebody delibetately and calculatedly handling the ball in order to score a goal.SlashWhy can you talk about "Paddys" but it's not alright for people to say "N****rs"?

Roy Keane is a very bitter and angry man. He is only sort of talking sense though.There is a definite difference between a bad decision over a penalty or somebody being fouled etc. than there is between somebody delibetately and calculatedly handling the ball in order to score a goal.SlashWhy can you talk about "Paddys" but it's not alright for people to say "N****rs"?
WHo brougth niggers into this?slash, yes it is disrespectful (though HARDLY the same level) Paddys is no different to sayign Jocks or LimeysIt was just a bit of football banterApologies for the offence (though i expected you to say something about it)

WHo brougth niggers into this?slash, yes it is disrespectful (though HARDLY the same level) Paddys is no different to sayign Jocks or LimeysIt was just a bit of football banterApologies for the offence (though i expected you to say something about it)
lol there was no offnce taken, just wondered why people still drop this word like it's not an ethnic slur